Frame Changes ?

Anybody know what changes were made to the frame, from say 02-04 in the WR series? Has anyone used newer model parts in an early model frame?

oil tank in the frame has changed.

Can you explain, further?

How tough do you think it would be to use 04 WR450 component's in an 02 frame? Has it been done?

i have no idea but I do like your avatar! :applause:

Can you explain, further?

How tough do you think it would be to use 04 WR450 component's in an 02 frame? Has it been done?

I am not aware if it has been done or not but I would leary of assuming that everything 450 would bolt right up to a earlier (426) frame.

Theres the motor mount points, which may or may not have been changed as the 450 motor is different in a lot of ways from the 426, and the main thing to worry about would be where the swingarm mounts through the lower part of the engine.

If they changed that then its a no go for sure unless you could use an 04 swingarm on the 02 frame?

without having both frames side by side to compare its a tough call.

I am not aware if it has been done or not but I would leary of assuming that everything 450 would bolt right up to a earlier (426) frame.

Theres the motor mount points, which may or may not have been changed as the 450 motor is different in a lot of ways from the 426, and the main thing to worry about would be where the swingarm mounts through the lower part of the engine.

If they changed that then its a no go for sure unless you could use an 04 swingarm on the 02 frame?

without having both frames side by side to compare its a tough call.

Alot of good point's to ponder.

I guess I could have been clearer. I am still exploring a way to get around the red/green thing here in CA. I have an 04, and looking to put all component's from the 04 into an 02-earlier frame that would make me green sticker compliant.