How much would you pay...

bike is a 2004 YZ450f

the bike is mint condition with probably less than 20 hours on it

looks great... lots of carbon fiber... black number plate backgrounds are brand new...

brand new tires front and rear... have additional paddle tire

has GYT-R head pipe and carbon fiber skid plate, frame guards, levers.

i still owe quite a bit on the bike but just curious as to what you would pay or what i could expect to get for it...

thanks

and if anyone is interested let me know and i can snap some pictures for ya

located in macomb MI... 30 mins north of detroit

As hot as the new YZ is, it may have lost some value. I would think you could get at least 3G for it. If you have the stock parts, I would recommend parting your mods out on ebay too. The bike is not worth more with them. I always take a chance with 35 bucks and set my minimum on ebay and haven't been let down yet. (sold 6 bikes in 2 years)

thanks for the input...

and as far as ebay... i never sold through there so just had a few questions if you dont mind...

so if i set the reserve at say 4k... i would have to pay 35$ for the listing even if it doesnt sell? and what if reserve is met... any more money?

ill probably try it locally in the paper first but thanks for the tips

edited.....eBay is for bargain hunters.

It's 35 to list whether it sells or not. If you set a minimum, and the minimum is met by a good bidder, you have to sell it for the bid price. It will cost you a percentage if you sell it (75 - 100), but I've always made more than I expected. The beauty of ebay is, if you want it sold, it's way more likely to sell than not. If you are patient, use the forums and paper. If you do decide to sell it on ebay, PM me and I'll give you some tips to get a better response.

edited.....eBay is for bargain hunters.

That is true Satch, but many people automatically ASSUME that it's a bargain. Case in point: I have a good FBI SSA friend (highly educated), that decided to buy his kids a Nintendo 64 about two years ago. Most people know that you can buy them at a pawn shop for $25 with a couple of free games thrown in. He paid $110, not knowing that they cost less than that new. I sold all of my bikes on ebay and made more than I was expecting. I put two in the paper, JMR, and Georgia Offroad and didn't get the first call. My brother, and I'm not shitting you, goes to various stores around town, buys things that are on sale and sells them on EBay. He cleared $2000 last month. Ebay, if you know what you are doing, is a seller's market.

That is true Satch, but many people automatically ASSUME that it's a bargain. Case in point: I have a good FBI SSA friend (highly educated), that decided to buy his kids a Nintendo 64 about two years ago. Most people know that you can buy them at a pawn shop for $25 with a couple of free games thrown in. He paid $110, not knowing that they cost less than that new. I sold all of my bikes on ebay and made more than I was expecting. I put two in the paper, JMR, and Georgia Offroad and didn't get the first call. My brother, and I'm not shitting you, goes to various stores around town, buys things that are on sale and sells them on EBay. He cleared $2000 last month. Ebay, if you know what you are doing, is a seller's market.

total agreement. I think a lot of people as you said, assume there getting a deal because its E-Bay. Use to go to car auctions and get good deals until everyone found out about it. People just got caught up in the bidding and some were paying more that a dealer was asking.

I would also recommend e-bay, you will probably be pleasantly surprised your first time. I would list the bike stock and all your aftermarket parts separate, that way you can make up a little more $$ if you have to take a little less for the bike itself. Good Luck :applause:

I'd give you $3000.

If you are really patient, you can part it out and make over 4000 in about 4 - 6 months.