XRL: Kickstand extention..

Since I've gone to the Tera-Flex - my bike on the kickstand leans over way too far - does anyone have an idea how to extend the kickstand length or is there an aftermarket kickstand that is longer, Thanks

weld it, paint it, ride it ... then, when you change to another tire, you can cut it, paint it , ride it ... :applause:

Since I've gone to the Tera-Flex - my bike on the kickstand leans over way too far - does anyone have an idea how to extend the kickstand length or is there an aftermarket kickstand that is longer, Thanks

Might try something along these lines:

Drill and or drill/tap the "foot", then use a bolt cut flush with a nut on the bottom? Or nuts stacked on the bottom? Or reverse the bolt, stack nuts

on the bolt equal to the amount of extesion you desire, insert this assembly

up from the bottom of the foot, and secure it with a nut/lockwasher on the

top of the foot.

The whole setup can be adjustable, or utilze more than one bolt/nut assembly

of various sizes to adjust as you change/wear tires.

Just a thought... :applause::bonk:

What? How tall is that thing? I have a 140/80 Karoo on my bike and it isn't a problem.

I put a pad on my xrl for a 510 tire (and mounting in soft conditions), I stacked 3 plastic 1/4 inch sheets about 3x4 inches, with a cutout in the top one for the existing pad then bolted it on both sides with flush countersunk nuts on the bottom and large flat washers on top. It will come off if struck hard enough too. (safety first lol)

picture here

What? How tall is that thing? I have a 140/80 Karoo on my bike and it isn't a problem.

You have to see it to believe it.

Its worse if you have no sag just from the weight of the bike.

Dave

Hey bluerock5 (or any other Tera-Flex user)... What size tera-flex did you put on? How does it ride on the street and in the dirt? What kind of wear are you getting from them? Would you recommend them?

Scooter....where did you get the rear fender bag.....I like it. Good looking bike too.

Kick stand extension for me was aluminum...square channel wrapped in a piece of sheet aluminum using rivots and bolted to the foot of the stock kick stand.

It's a msr XRL rear trunk, and yeah, I wasn't happy till I'd removed all the red from the bike....lol