7oz. gytr??

I was planning on getting an 8oz to help soften out the hit of my '03, and make it a little more trail friendly. Would there be a big differance between the 7 and the 8?

Almost none. The GYT-R Offroad flywheel is actually about 7.5 oz heavier than stock anyway.

You have two choices. You can go with the Dr.D, and be able to trade with him anytime for a different weight ( he sells 4, 6, and 8 oz 'wheels), or buy the GYT-R outright, and have the ability to go back to a lighter on if you want to. Mine had a 4 oz on it when I got it, and I found a used 5oz GYT-R for a good price. So, I swapped the 4 for an 8, thinking that I would use the heavier one for tight stuff, and the 5 oz for more serious situations. The truth is, though, now that I've run it for a while, I don't think I'll be taking it off at all. The bike is better everywhere with the weight added. 8 oz might be too much for an '04, and an '05 doesn't need the weight at all except for stall prevention offroad, but it works great on the '03.

Well, actually I found a deal, so that I could trade my stock one for the GYTR. I have to pay $35 and send my flywheel and thats it. Seems like a good idea to me.