HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
targetdrone

Sold the Pinger...Gotta Race the XR600

11 posts in this topic

I sold my KX250 that I raced last year to help fund my new race bike. Problem is, I haven't bought a new bike to race yet (D37 and MRAN desert races). I want a thumper with electric start, '03 or newer. That pretty much leaves with either a WR250/450F, CRF250/450X, or an orange bike. I want something lighter than my XR600 and that leaves, well....everything.

This weekend is an enduro. All I am left to race with is my XR600, but who knows, I might be better off anyways.

If anybody comes across my next race bike under $4k, give me shout.

XR600 probably won more desert races than any other bike ... your bike is very competitive ..

get a ktm 525, they absolutly rule. I rode one in a team race and was instantly amazed witht the handling and power, though it lacked the pigs down low grunt.

but good luck on finding one less than 4k...

If i was to race d37 i think i would go with a two stroke though just becasue of the terrain, down here in d38 where its more liike baja the big 4's rule

My dos pesos

Mike

Don't knock the 600. Still bulletproof. Just add a steering stabilizer. Makes a world of difference. When I get the stamp of approval, I think that I'll be getting a KTM 525.

I agree, I actually liked my 600 better than my newr 650!

The 525 is the best of both worlds...but at 7k-8k :applause:

wont be in my price range soon

Mike

I agree. Too bad I have to waste money on stupid stuff like food, rent, and utilities! Then, waste riding time on sleep.

My XR is also street legal. I rode it to work today (like most days) and it developed a very bad rattle in the bottom end. It sounds like the clutch or tranny, but everything works fine and is not short on power. It is bad enough that I can feel it at low speed/idle. It seems to be intermitten as it stopped doing it just before I got home. I am going to pop off the clutch cover and see what I can see. Keeping my fingers crossed. I am also about to go check out an '03 YZ426f for 3K. It will have to be really nice with all the trick stuff on it if I am giving up my KTM fund for it.

XR600 probably won more desert races than any other bike ... your bike is very competitive ..

yup, if you want, you can spend 8k on a orange bike but you will be able to run the 600 in baja 50 times over with no problems, the orange bike eeeh :cry::bonk::applause:

I am also about to go check out an '03 YZ426f for 3K. It will have to be really nice with all the trick stuff on it if I am giving up my KTM fund for it.

00', 01' or 02'. 03' was the YZ450 with a 4-speed.