Good Fix for the 2001 426 forks?

I weigh around 225 in full gear. Bottoming is a problem. Anyone using the Race Tech Type 2 Gold Valve set up?

Thanks.

Go with heavier springs first if you have not already.

heavier springs and new oil first. Set the oil level at 100mm and I recommend 7wt oil.

Without the correct springs a revalve is pointless.

definitely raise the fork oil level. I think min is 80mm.

On the topic of 426 forks...

I am about 135lb and have never really setup the front end on my bike. I have set the sag and played around with the rebound on the rear.

What would people recommend for setting my front end up? I mainly ride trail/woods and some dune riding. Most of the surfaces i ride on are sandy.

As far as i know, the current setup is stock.

Thanks.

I weigh around 225 in full gear. Bottoming is a problem. Anyone using the Race Tech Type 2 Gold Valve set up?

Thanks.

You need stiffer springs. I think mine are .49 on the front and a 5.8 on the rear. I'm 6'4" and 230 lbs.

On the topic of 426 forks...

I am about 135lb and have never really setup the front end on my bike. I have set the sag and played around with the rebound on the rear.

What would people recommend for setting my front end up? I mainly ride trail/woods and some dune riding. Most of the surfaces i ride on are sandy.

As far as i know, the current setup is stock.

Thanks.

426's where set up for 175 lb. riders. You need to buy the correct springs too. :applause:

check the Race Tech site. They have a spring chart for weight and type of riding.

Thanks 642MX.....

I might just hook into some pies and cakes..... or go to the gym!

So who do you recommend? Ive talked with Race Tech and Factory Connection.

Is it like apples to apples here?

Did you get my PM? The springs I have are about right according to Race Tech's selection page. They call for .475 on the front, and mine are .48. They call for a 5.6+ on the back, and mine is a 5.8, which is not too far off.

Im 6'3 235 with gear I put in a set of race tech .46kg in and 120cc of 5wt and it stoped all of the bottoming out really stiffend the front Now I need to get the matching spring for the back.