HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DPW

Drool!

12 posts in this topic

i cant wait to get a pipe for mine.. l love how that doesnt stick out a foot from the number plate!

i cant wait to get a pipe for mine.. l love how that doesnt stick out a foot from the number plate!

Then you need to install the european model pipe :bonk::applause:

pipestickingout06450eur.jpg

Anyone notice the lack of an oil line coming to the right side of the motor from the oil tank? I wonder what they are doing with the oiling system on this bike. Since the motor oil is now down low, I wouldn't think they would wet sump them like they did with the previous full race YZF's. hmmmmmm.....

I'm pretty sure that the function of the line you're mentioning is as a vent to pressure balance the crankcase and oil reservior, same as the line that runs fron the top of the tank to the cam box on the older models. The return and feed lines are run internally. With the new integral tank, there would be no advantage to wet sumping the engine, because the oil is already carried at the level of the crankcase anyway. My guess is that the race bikes are a using a pre-production vent layout, and the tank vent could be run elsewhere, like to the cam box, or even to the open air.

But it is gone, isn't it? You can see the plug inserted into the hole in the case.