Question on 2006 YZ450. Ref: Reed's 450...

So I'm looking at Reed's bike and notice two small things. One, the rubber hose that is traveling along the bottom edge of my frame (OEM) is missing on his. Two, there's a little 90 degree fitting with what appears to be a drain bolt at the end coming out of the case cover on the rider's left that is sealed on my bike (Again, OEM). I'll try and find pics, but my biggest issue is that damn hose. I hate the way they route it and any way near what Yamaha is doing for Reed's bike would not only look better, but would help me for SuperMoto...

You can plainly see it in the Transworld pull-out poster....

I rerouted mine so that it goes back down the kickstarter side of the carb and exists below the chain roller.

I would like to reroute my head breather as well.I am going to see what I can come up with tomorrow.As for the 90 degree fitting I assume its like an oil drain bolt or something.

Reed's motor is probably a wet sump design is why you don't see the external oil lines. Dubach sales a kit for pre '06 YZ450F's...

http://www.dubachracing.com/products.aspx?lCatID=3#81

The '06 is still a dry sump just that the oil that was in the frame is now in an internal oil tank

Reed's motor is probably a wet sump design is why you don't see the external oil lines. Dubach sales a kit for pre '06 YZ450F's...

http://www.dubachracing.com/products.aspx?lCatID=3#81

The '06 is still a dry sump just that the oil that was in the frame is now in an internal oil tank

he knows what he is talking about! :bonk:

:applause:

i routed my crank breather on my 05, and now my 06 into the air box, with a K&N filter on it, to keep crap out.

i found that in racing offroad, the bike will stall, and doesnt like to re start when the crank is under water, mud, and plugged.

my 2 cents.

i routed my crank breather on my 05, and now my 06 into the air box, with a K&N filter on it, to keep crap out.

i found that in racing offroad, the bike will stall, and doesnt like to re start when the crank is under water, mud, and plugged.

my 2 cents.

How about some pics or a part number on the K&N filter?

my two cents, i rerouted the breather tube down behind the carb, through the loop that holds all the carburateur drain tubes and it exits under the rear brake pedal. I also rerouted the other lines on the left frame downtube to the INSIDE, OEM they're on the outside, looks way better. No there's no tubes visible, only swee,t sweet aluminium.

ill work on the part number. i know the crank re-rout is a mod that my local dealer does to all the yzf four wheelers.