06 yz450f oil change question

So the manual says if you are doing a periodic oil change then you put in 1 quart, if you do a oil change with filter change then you put in 1.06 quarts then it say with a total amount of 1.27 quarts. My question is if you do a change with filter do you put in 1.06 or 1.27 quarts. I put 1.27 quarts and it was right at the top line on the dipstick, I also let it run for a couple of minutes like the manual says before I checked it.

I just use the quantities stated in the manual as a guideline as it depends on how well you drain the oil from the engine, the filter housing or whether you've just done a complete tear down. You did good.

So the manual says if you are doing a periodic oil change then you put in 1 quart, if you do a oil change with filter change then you put in 1.06 quarts then it say with a total amount of 1.27 quarts. My question is if you do a change with filter do you put in 1.06 or 1.27 quarts. I put 1.27 quarts and it was right at the top line on the dipstick, I also let it run for a couple of minutes like the manual says before I checked it.

Uh, unless you do a complete tear down, you don't need to worry about the 1.27 amount. In other words, all the oil in the motor that you'd remove in a tear down (Cleaning and eveything) would add another .21 quarts total maximum amount.

If you put in 1.27 quarts, it's too much for just an oil and filter change...