can't solve the problem!!

Leaner = less fuel by lowering the needle (or raising the clip)

As you increase altitude or temperature from a base line, you need to lean the fuel/air mixture. This is because their is "less oxygen" available for the engine to use in combustion per same volume of air sucked into the engine as you increase altitude or air temperature. Air expands as you heat it, thus making less oxygen available per same volume of air, and the reduce pressure that you usually incur as you go up in altitude lets the air expands, etc.

So, to adjust for that, you lean (reduce the amount of fuel being sucked into the engine for combustion, or increase the air) to keep things balanced.

The only way I can remember it is to relate to flying a plane. The old rule for flying a Cessna 152 or 172 was the start leaning out the engine with the mixture lever once you reached 3,000 feet above sea level. As I think about what the plane encounters at altitude, I can relate it back to the bike. Not a very efficient process, but it works for me!

As you increase altitude or temperature from a base line, you need to lean the fuel/air mixture. This is because their is "less oxygen" available for the engine to use in combustion per same volume of air sucked into the engine as you increase altitude or air temperature. Air expands as you heat it, thus making less oxygen available per same volume of air, and the reduce pressure that you usually incur as you go up in altitude lets the air expands, etc.

So, to adjust for that, you lean (reduce the amount of fuel being sucked into the engine for combustion, or increase the air) to keep things balanced.

Ok, that's very clear, thanks for that.

I only wished I could tell myself what to do with a certain symptom. What would the bike do if the mixture of fuel and air would be too lean for instance...

I only wished I could tell myself what to do with a certain symptom. What would the bike do if the mixture of fuel and air would be too lean for instance...
What will it do? bog, won't build speed quickly, sound real ashmatic, run real f#@king hot..........

It won't take you long if you do all the work yourself. I suppose it is easy for me because I can work on my bike in the shed, put on my helmet and blast off to see the difference. Very easy to learn what changes you need to do. A lot of people wait till the weekend - pack up their bikes and go a long way just to ride. Hard to see what changes do.

You can also read up about what the sparkplug looks like when the bike is either too lean or rich here on TT. To get an accurate idea from the plug, I believe those that know have posted that you need to get the bike warmed up well, then ride along at constant pretty good clip, then pull in the cluth and kill the engine and don't let the clutch go until the engine is off. THen, take out the plug and see what color it has become. Tan is good, black is rich, white it lean--if I remember right.

Look at the trottle and see if the plate on the airfilter side is turned upside down, did that on my bike and it did sound like your`s (sorry for poor spelling)//Henric

I just raised the clip one positition. It was positioned on the fifth groove and I raised it one position (it's in the middle now).

I've made a testdrive but it didn't help a bit I'm afraid.

Should I raise the clip one more position to feel the effect or should changing the needleposition allways give effect in the first place?

I just raised the clip one positition. It was positioned on the fifth groove and I raised it one position (it's in the middle now).

I've made a testdrive but it didn't help a bit I'm afraid.

Should I raise the clip one more position to feel the effect or should changing the needleposition allways give effect in the first place?

raise it 1 more. if you are way out, it won't do much. if you nail it properly, hang on because it really takes off!

I raised the clip one more position; got better.

Raised it one more after this; I think I cured the problem, although I can not tell yet since I ran out of gas after a 1 km half-warm drive. I'm gonna score some juice and trie it out!

I solved the problem Matty! Thanks for your effort on this!

Let me know when you visit Holland so I can buy you a cheese.

I solved the problem Matty! Thanks for your effort on this!

Let me know when you visit Holland so I can buy you a cheese.

It won't be cheese I would be after if I go there..............

:applause: I might have to go there at the end of this year ar the middle of next year! I am planning a big trip around the world.