mxa test on yz450

FYI guys- I heard that MXA is already planning to flame the 2009 yz450f for faulty fuel-injection system! :applause::rant::bonk:

FYI guys- I heard that MXA is already planning to flame the 2009 yz450f for faulty fuel-injection system! :applause::rant::bonk:

one thing is for sure .... "you will need to add one tooth to the rear sprocket to bring third gear into play sooner" LMAO

As I recall, MXA placed the CRF first, and ranked the '05 YZ450 3rd of 4 in their last year's 450 shootout. They said it felt like a tank compared to its competition.

Biased reporting, hmm? Uh-huh. :applause:

lol Texas30 got told!

lol Texas30 got told!

Really????????? Glad you let me know :applause:

That was then, this is now. And a major fork revamp in each of the 4 years is hardly BNG.

We all know that you would never have mentioned MXA last year when they agreed with you, either.

You guys evidently can't stand the fact that Yamaha has built a bike that's actaully better than the competition. Not only is the engine more durable, now it's just as powerful as the vaunted CRF (see the dyno charts):

On top of that, the handling and suspension is on at least equal footing:

A lot of us who went with the YZ450 in years past did so knowing full well that we had chosen a bike that did not sit on top of the heap in the handling/suspension department, but went with the bike anyway because of the power and extraordinary reliability of the engine and did what we could to improve the rest of it. When one attribute is that important, sometimes you compromise on others.

But now, Yamaha has addressed those issues, and the result is a work of art that is going to set the pace this year, not tail along trying to keep up. 2006 is going to be a great year with the tightened competition between the new bikes. I think it's great. Yamaha caught everyone of guard with the YZ400 and the 250F. Honda came back brilliantly with the CRF450, and began 4 years as the deserving leader of the 450 four-stroke pack, in spite of some obvious problems. Now Suzuki and Kawasaki have answered back, and Yamaha has ended Honda's unquestioned domination of the field. Too bad it bothers you so much.

OK, but trolling is an adminstratively actionable offense, you know.

And you'll be welcomed, even as you are now, as long as you can behave yourself.

Ding Ding....Round 4.

Grey, try not to be so biased as to be ignored by all. You can not throw out comment like 'You guys evidently can't stand the fact that Yamaha has built a bike that's actually better than the competition. Not only is the engine more durable,..." without any empirical data to support it. As there have been significant changes to the YZF for 06 you can not ASSUME (remember what they say about assuming!) that the YZF has any more reliability than any other brand in 06.

You just show your obvious slant when you go off like that. Spend a little more time understanding and speaking to the general 4-stroke technology and you might be taken more seriously, until then you are a one trick pony.

and we have all already seen that trick.

I don't know if you can categorically make that statement. Several write ups have mentioned the nosed-down feel of the '06 YZ250F, but MXA is the only mag that bothered to change the bars to cure it, and then make a note of that to their readers. I wonder if it's so much the repetitious nature of their writing, or if the manufactures of the bikes being tested are turning out the same thing over and over.

Be thankful that they bother to change gearing (as I recall, they usually dropped teeth on the YZ450) most people would have turned out a bunch of crap about how the bike was wound out in second on the hill, but couldn't quite pull 3rd. remember that one?

I think I know what it is. You boys out in Cal are still a little sore for that ass-kickin you got the other day.

Can you say HOOK'EM HORNS :applause:

Yamacrossaction loves a Yamaha. WHAT a surprize :applause:

How can anyone put any merit into anything they say?

P.S. I'm not dogging the bike(thinking of getting one) but MXA is the most biased mag I have ever wasted my time reading.

well why waste your time with this thread then ?

well why waste your time with this thread then ?

Whats wrong with the thread?

Heck, I'm enjoying it. :applause:

I think I know what it is. You boys out in Cal are still a little sore for that ass-kickin you got the other day.

You're wrong about that, sport. Anyone who makes the University of Spoiled Children look bad is OK in my book.
You're wrong about that, sport. Anyone who makes the University of Spoiled Children look bad is OK in my book.

Dang, I thought I could really hit a nerve on that one. :applause:

Can you say HOOK'EM HORNS :applause:

I think it was clear to all readers who actually got slapped before the thread got shut down. Some people just can't take it when their arse is handed to them and then get personal.

What thread are you talking about?

Sure, come on man...everything said was based on theory, hearsay, guesses, and magazine rhetoric. When presented with actual real word facts the mind shut down and there was nothing to say.

Until there is actual experience to speak from, one should not spew opinions like they mean anything.

Well spoken rhetoric is still just.....yup, rhetoric.

Open the mind and set yourself free.

We didn't really kick his ass as much as we we exposed his zealousness

Sure, come on man...everything said was based on theory, hearsay, guesses, and magazine rhetoric. When presented with actual real word facts the mind shut down and there was nothing to say.

Until there is actual experience to speak from, one should not spew opinions like they mean anything.

Well spoken rhetoric is still just.....yup, rhetoric.

Open the mind and set yourself free.

My mind is open, no problem with that. We also know Yamaha has a proven record of reliability, and the new engine is not at all that "new" as you would like to think it. We don't know about the green yet, but I sincerely hope it will be fine.

So you became overnight the "Defender of truth, justice, and the open mind!"

:applause:

It was more a "victim of circumstance" type of thing. Saw an injustice and would not have been able to live with myself if I just walked by.

Not everyone is able to put all of this into perspective and see the yin and yang, the ebb and floe.

I'm sorry to hear you feel victimized. :applause:

Anyhow, all the reading has been very entertaining and I hope nobody gets hard feelings. After all, we are in the same boat, just with different color lifevests.

And continuing the green thread here will only get this one shut down too.

Good night to you America and good morning to me, it's 7 AM here.

You poses wisdom my friend...good morning to you. :applause:

...try not to be so biased as to be ignored by all. You can not throw out comment like ...Not only is the engine more durable,..." without any empirical data to support it. As there have been significant changes to the YZF for 06 you can not ASSUME ...that the YZF has any more reliability than any other brand in 06.
For support of that conclusion, I drew from the company's record over the past 8 years, not a baseless assumption. Yamaha introduced an entirely new and unproven design in 1998 in the YZ400, and it turned out to be impressively reliable. "Significant changes" were made in 2000, when the 426 was introduced. It wasn't entirely problem-free, but there was nothing about it that could credibly be considered unreliable by anyone. Even more significant changes were made to the same design to create the YZ250F, and that engine is now in its 6th year of production with so little revision that virtually every part of an '06 will fit an '01, although some require another newer part to be used in conjunction. And then, finally, more of those significant changes, including an entirely new transmission, were made in '03 with the introduction of the YZ450, and that engine has, if anything proven to be the toughest of the lot yet. This is fact; it is history, not opinion. So when Yamaha revised that engine for '06, and no matter how you try to paint it otherwise, that's all they did, I see every reason to believe it will follow the established pattern, and none whatsoever to believe otherwise.

If we examine the history of the CRF line, what will we see? And if we look for the history of the RMZ or KXF?

How this becomes a bias in your eyes is somewhat transparent, frankly, and renders your self-portrayal as a champion of open-mindedness rather laughable. My considered opinion becomes a bias because it differs with your position, and the fact that I am not swayed by any of your attempts to ignore facts, use them out of context, or substitute gratuitous assertions to counter any point that I have made is what you then take as closed-minded. OTOH, your refusal to bend from your points of view in spite of actual facts to the contrary, you believe to be, I don't know, courage in your convictions, I guess.

Let me ask you two questions:

At what point do I, or anyone else, get to form an opinion about something based on the information I can gather, my judgment as to the credibility and competence of the source, and my own experience, and hold that opinion throughout the absence of any contradictory evidence without it being a bias? When it's one you agree with?

And, what exactly is your intention in being a participant in this forum? Your anti-Yamaha bias is plain to see, you don't own one, and are not apparently interested in learning anything about them. Are you here to bring the truth of the greatness of the Green Thing to the unwashed? Do you also troll in the Honda forums?

Some people will take me seriously, some won't. Some agree with me, some don't. I'll take my chances. But I will make my opinions based on my criteria, and change them based on real evidence that suggests I should, and for no other reason. If you want to have a reasoned disagreement with me based on an examination of our different interpretation of the available evidence, and drop all the disparagement and name-calling, then we can talk. Until then, don't bother.