HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
snowboardstylee

The best single modification you have made

46 posts in this topic

Hello TTr's

I was wondering what everyone thinks is the best single significant modification they have made to their bike, weather it be a different set of tires, suspension settings/upgrades, intake mod's, brakes, etc. Id love to hear about it. and why you feel it is beneficial .

List exactly what you did .

:applause::bonk::cry::cry:

bike - 2006 YZ450F

best mod - suspension revalve/respring.

makes the bike work like it should. this makes the rider more confident. confidence = faster. simple, really.

Replaced front tire!

What front tire did you put on it I HATE Mine.

running a new dunlop 756 rear still on the stock front i think .

it sucks. especially in the washes.

What front tire did you put on it I HATE Mine.

running a new dunlop 756 rear still on the stock front i think .

it sucks. especially in the washes.

952 on my 06

Tires are a great improvement ( the type depend on where you ride), but I have to agree w/ the other guys that money spent on suspension is always beneficial.

My custom much taller than stock seat. That has more to do with making it right for me though. I guess the best performance gain that anyone would notice would be the switch to a Pirelli MT 44 front tire. The most needed improvement was replacing the junk stock chain.

Tires are a great improvement ( the type depend on where you ride), but I have to agree w/ the other guys that money spent on suspension is always beneficial.

My rear shock is alredy gold valved and changed out the spring.

it helped a LOT... now for the front. when i get some extra cash.

but the tire has got to go. i usually ride in intermediate conditions. not hard

not soft. spots of sand like in washes and all that. sometiems rocky hard pack like out in cal city.

all i know is my front is suckin

Probably should have done suspension first, but FMF 's titanium factory 4 and power bomb header, just made the powerband that much better; feels like every gear pulls forever. :applause:

how did you get blk excel rims on your 2003 .

did you build them or it came like that ?

I ordered them through my dealer, everthing was separate. I came off a quad so i never new you had to tighten the spokes :cry: kinda clueless when i started. So i had to buy the rims and fatty spokes all separate and laced them up, i would have used new hubs but i ran out of money and kept the stock ones. As far as scratching goes i rode a whole season in pretty much gravel and they still have every bit of paint on them. :applause: I also think they look pretty sweet :bonk: