Cycle News Shootout - 450's

here in Aust it was:

kawi, yami, hon, suzuki, ktm

I can except that, kawi and yami were just 0.3 of a point different, and the kawi had suspension messed around with (new silkoline oil, lowered oil height). They were points ahead of the CRF! Finally, the CRF sucks ass. They went on about the kawi's power, I don't think yami can win a trick. Power was always agressive, but too many gumps must have complained.............

Well, I rode both before buying and will tell you I now have a blue 450 in my garage. For the record I came off of a 05 KX 250 which was a headache for the first month I had it until my stator was finally warrantied.

may I ask why you got the blue one?...any special reasons?

:applause:

The KX had too much of the big bike feel to me, it felt top heavy I guess you could say. And the 4 speed kind of chased me off also as I plan on doing a little supermoto when I need a break from the dirt. I was dead set on the new kX until just for kicks I went and checked out the YZ. Once I sat on it, it was like a match made in heaven. Ergos are perfect I think for a rider in the 5'10" area.

The YZ is a great bike, the motor is very decieving, you don't realize how fast you're going until you're approaching the corner or looking down at where you were suppose to land. Suspension feels great right out of the box, I'm 180 lbs in street clothes. I Just picked the bike up this past Saturday and have 2 days on it.

Whoopy....another stupid mag test....although I am surprised the CRF came out on top......this will be a indication the DirtRider 450 test will be similar....mark my words...

Your SOOOOOO right!!!!!

Just like the lasted issue of Yamahacross Action were they proclaim the YZ450 as the second coming.

Not dogging the bike but I'm am so sick of the mags, one saying a bike handles great while another says the handling is bad, etc.

You cannot believe any of them anymore & that is really sad.

The mags are splitting really fine hairs. There isnt a bad handling bike made anymore. One may suit one guy better than the other, but thats about it.

Some guys like bikes that are super stable, which may make them tougher to turn, but they'll go straight through or over anything. Some want a bike to fall into a corner and practically turn itself (Im in this camp). So one guy will hate bike "A" but another will think bike "A" is the best thing since canned beer.

What really strikes me about the KXF is its length. The thing even looks long. I havent ridden one yet, but I know a guy thats got one so sooner or later...but the thing just looks really long. Especially when put next to the YZF.

Personally, I'm a Honda guy. I like the way they handle. Semi twitchy, light on the handle bars. And I think the head-shake is for waking you up when you get tired at the end of the moto. Id prolly like a Suzuki too. Havent ridden one of those though...

Take magazine tests about as seriously as you do a politicians promise. There may be a grain of truth in it, but is buried in elbow deep BS.

The new Motocross action just picked the YZF as best 450.

Picking mine up tonight (blue) 6900 out the door :bonk:

Well I have to say after reading this YZF test...that they had no doubt who was the 06 450 of the year...a little too am bishush or biased maybe..it left me for a 06 YZF woody though.....lets see they hated the grips the bars and the hot start right that was about it? ...it doesn't matter as they bashed the RMZ as well as the KTM but they sure were spewing all over them selves on the CRF..and we all know what they think of the KXF.......a few months ago...so do I really give a crap? Who are they trying to sell anyway? :applause:

Well I have to say after reading this YZF test...that they had no doubt who was the 06 450 of the year...a little too am bishush or biased maybe..it left me for a 06 YZF woody though.....lets see they hated the grips the bars and the hot start right that was about it? ...it doesn't matter as they bashed the RMZ as well as the KTM but they sure were spewing all over them selves on the CRF..and we all know what they think of the KXF.......a few months ago...so do I really give a crap? Who are they trying to sell anyway? :bonk:

ga426owner, common when are you going to get your kawi youve been drooling over them for a while now :applause: LOL

Im just messing with you ?

can't go wrong............PICK ANY COLOR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Roger that, even Dirtbike said all the bikes are great this year in particular the Honda, Yamaha and the Kawasaki. They did rate the KTM over the Suzuki though which is bucking a trend for them. They hated the 4 cog gear box on the Suzuki and said the Kawasaki would have won it if it was a 5 speed. There all great bike though and you can't go wrong buying any of them (unless you get bent over dry by the dealer - yeah, I'm talking about the Yamaha dealers). :applause: