HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Kcin

Need advise for 05' WR450 Jetting

7 posts in this topic

Anyone have opinions on what jet kit and settings to go with for my 05' WR450? Phx, AZ. standard mods are done.

Thanks,

Look up at top for jetting thread, click, go down three or four post untill you see Indys outta win a award avatar, read Indys outta win a award post, then ride your outta win award bike :lol:

When it comes to WR's

In Indy we trust :applause::bonk::cry::cry::cry::p:lol::bonk::bonk::bonk::bonk::bonk::bonk::bonk::bonk::bonk::bonk::lol::lol::lol:

Main Jet: 170

Pilot Jet: 48

Fuel screw: 2 out (about)

Needle model/Clip position: 04 WR 4th pos stock 05-06 is fine

Starter Jet: 70

Leak Jet: 40 (50 is stock)

Accelerator pump cover: Icing on the cake

AIS: Mark Lowe's Smog removal kit, more Icing

I'll stop there since you said you've done the standard mods. I'm assuming you live and ride in the lower AZ desert areas.

Dan

What is the accelerator pump cover Dan ? is it a free mod ?

He probably has a boyesen cover, not a free mod.

accelerator pump is on the bottom of the carby, take your fuel bowl off and you will see it. it is only small, it injects a fuel squirt when you turn the throttle. boyesen cover justs puts fuel in it quicker, and eliminates any quick throttle bog that you cant solve through jetting changes.