HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
black_n_blue_thumper

Going new for 06.......

15 posts in this topic

I am pretty sure I am getting myself a new bike for 06 but I have a serious delima. I am not sue if I want another WR or go with the YZ. Please chime in with your thoughts. Also will my GYT-R pipe, ASV levers, Renthal Twinwalls fit on the 06 models. Thanks guys, let er rip.

All your stuff should fit on the WR, but pipe won't fit on YZ.

Get the YZ! Either that or wait till '07! Stick to the '04 if you want a WR in '06.

All your stuff should fit on the WR, but pipe won't fit on YZ.
In 04 the pipe would fit both. Did this change in 06?. Ya, that 5 speed YZ is hard to resist. I saw one all torn down today. It looked so awesome. :applause:

OHHHHH, I finally get it. Thanks, I am not the sharpest marble sometimes. :cry:

You will be on a new YZ! Those things are truly the best mx bike ever made! :applause: They got the 5 speed for all the offroaders! :bonk:

Your ASV levers, with the perch or not? For 05 and 06 the clutch pivot hole and shoulder bolt is a different size than that of the 04's. If you have the lever and perch then of course it'll fit. The GYR-R pipe will fit no prob, and bars are bars...

I keep thinking the 06 yz250 (2stroke) would be nice to have for some of the tighter trails around here.

I was checking out the 06 YZ today and the oiling is much cleaner. The oil galley pipe and frame reservoir are gone, it looks really clean! The frame looks trick but access to the carb will definitely be tougher.

I keep thinking the 06 yz250 (2stroke) would be nice to have for some of the tighter trails around here.

don't do things by halves, get a 500!