Anyone want to lend/rent me their Baja Designs light kit?

Just picked up an 01 650R

I have the LED brake light installed, but need the headlight assembly and turn signals (front and back) so I can see if I'll be able to transfer my Idaho plated bike here to Cali. I hear its no problem and AAA gave me the go signal and reg fees were payed already.... $268 ouch!!! All seems well so far but last thing is the VIN and motor inspection at the CHP on the 24th. I do not have the 3 or C in the VIN so I guess I am good to go there.

I cant fork out $500 for the light kit not knowing if they will give me a plate or not. This bike will be ridden off road reguardless.... but it would be sweet to hit the road when needed. Anyone want to help me out? I am in North County San Diego.

Thanks. :applause:

what part of CA are you in?

San Marcos......

Doi you have a voltage regulator/rectifier and battery already?

Doi you have a voltage regulator/rectifier and battery already?

Woops..... forgot about those needed items. No I do not have them. Imagine I'd need to get those as well.

I should probably change the verbage in the post to state

" Need everything minus the brake light and plate assembly"

Thanks for catching my mistake. :applause:

You'll need to find some one with a quick disconnect kit, this has most of the items behind the headlight.

Thanks for the heads up.

Good luck man, and enjoy the local riding.

Looking foreward to it. New bike and all. :applause:

just dont get it legal.....cops cant drive where 650's go.

You probably wonder why people pick on you in this forum. :applause:

don't pick on him, he takes the little yellow bus to school.

Wow,,,, yet another useless post....

I have taken several out of state bikes to CHP for vin number inspection and they never worried about checking lights or any street legal equipment. In fact they have specifically required that light inspections be done elsewhere. I would just go to CHP for inspection and then take paper work back to DMV. Since bike was street registered it may slide through.

Good info.....

what battery exactly did you go with?

Personally......I'd watch out for this Mescalero guy. I'm not sure he's trustworthy.Ha,Ha!

Good info.....

what battery exactly did you go with?

The battery I used is a 2000mah robot battery, number on the invoice is RA-HAA10R2WR20, it's holding a charge really well.

Personally......I'd watch out for this Mescalero guy. I'm not sure he's trustworthy.Ha,Ha!

he he he :bonk:

looking foreward to riding down south with ya, Cosmo. :applause:

don't pick on him, he takes the little yellow bus to school.

LMAO@that! :applause::bonk::cry: