Yes another jetting carb ? but a good one

Hey,

i have noticed that jet kits are seriously different

between the years 03/04 and 05, and again between 05 and 06

ok i can understand the new kit for 06. totally new bike design.

thought the 04 and 05 were pretty much identicle. dont they share

the same carb.. did they change carb styles?.

does anyone know what the stock main jet was in the 03, the 04

Yamha says the stock main in the 2005. is #165 and needle is NFLR-4 and a #45 pilot jet in a 39 mm FCR

Dynojet cant tell me what the stock jetting is. Im sure they can but are too lazy i called them today they just told me what needle and jets come in their kit.

no specs out on the 2006 and i really dont care. I have a 2004 anyone know what was stock on that so i dont have to hunt thru thousands of jetting forum posts.

no specs out on the 2006 and i really dont care. I have a 2004 anyone know what was stock on that so i dont have to hunt thru thousands of jetting forum posts.

Go here and pull up the parts list for the '04 and you can see the STD jets listed

http://www.yamaha-motor.com/sport/parts/home.aspx

cool thanks. so looks like 165 across the board but there is a different needle between the 2004 and the 2005 and the pilot jet is different 2004 was a 42 2005 was a 45

interesting cause the gearing is the same the motor is the same the carb is the same the wheels are the same everything is the same . just the jetting is a tiny bit different. FMF lied to me TT. they told me put in a 165 main jet. DURHHH it came stock.