Big Gun Exhaust

I like my XRs only the quality is second to none. Went with the new stainless oval, it's loud but it can be quieted down. This thing is not rivited to gether it's made to last. This is a complete system I couldnt put just a slip on on!

Big Guns usually have a reputation for LOUD, and not much else ... the White Bros pipes usually test for the most power gain, while the Supertrapp IDS2, like I have, is much more affordable than most, decent power gains, and is well-built .. ask 10 people what the best pipe is, and get 20 different answers .. :applause:

I was talked out of buying a Yosh and into getting a Big Gun by some of my friends. They screwed up my order but eventually made it right. It started rusting in three days, regular hits with Mother's metal polish solves that. It woke that bike up after a de-corking re-jet and it is way loud, which I love being a street tarder. But less than a year later the metal dilly in the silencer is loose and rattiling around and it leaks past its rivets on the tail piece. It's still pleasantly loud but next time for the money I'll go with Yosh.

I was talked out of buying a Yosh and into getting a Big Gun by some of my friends. They screwed up my order but eventually made it right. It started rusting in three days, regular hits with Mother's metal polish solves that. It woke that bike up after a de-corking re-jet and it is way loud, which I love being a street tarder. But less than a year later the metal dilly in the silencer is loose and rattiling around and it leaks past its rivets on the tail piece. It's still pleasantly loud but next time for the money I'll go with Yosh.

Zoiks. :applause:

All this joy at only $400+ dollars?

Stocker is fine w/ me. I still have the stock one on my '93 250R, and it has served me well. :bonk:

Zoiks. :applause:

All this joy at only $400+ dollars?

Stocker is fine w/ me. I still have the stock one on my '93 250R, and it has served me well. :bonk:

I actually only got the aft part, 200 bucks, the stock header is all ya need for an uncorked stocker. Too big a header and ya lose low end. The stock muffler sounded like a VW bug, hated it. I am a street tarder and a "loud pipes save lives" believer so in that respect is does the job. When I make my monster a 675 I will go with a full Yosh system.

I have a Yoshi system. It's a few years old. Pretty sure a 600 R silencer will work with a few tweaks.

I am about to buy an XR's Only stainless head pipe and either there silencer or a custom LRD piece.

Take a look at XR's only.

I actually only got the aft part, 200 bucks, the stock header is all ya need for an uncorked stocker. Too big a header and ya lose low end. The stock muffler sounded like a VW bug, hated it. I am a street tarder and a "loud pipes save lives" believer so in that respect is does the job. When I make my monster a 675 I will go with a full Yosh system.

Can't say I love the stock sound, either. :bonk:

675 sounds like a fun project. :applause:

right on, my yosh is like 4 or 5 years old......still looks and works like new.

White Brothers :applause:

Hey 150 Fuelie, which White Bros. model do you have? Would it be possible to show some pics of how it mounts? I ordered the Whit Bros E-Series, and the upper mounting screw that is supposed to go through the turn signal mount was not right! Not sure what to do.