HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
moto619

airfilter cage melting

7 posts in this topic

I have 2003 WR 450 . I was changing my airfilter today when I noticed that some of the white plastic of the airfilter cage had melted onto my backfire screen. My bike does backfire alot but I have never heard of this happening before. Has anybody else had this happen to them?

I have never heard of it actually happening but I guess thats why they make the anti-backkfire airfilters they are supposed to be flame retardent.You should play with the jetting and clip position to get rid of the backfire through the carb sounds like it has done more than backfire through the carb sounds like it caught fire on one of those backfires through the carb.

The backfire screen is melted into the air filter cage around the edge and at the center from the factory. This is the way that the screen is held into place. Is your screen melted in other places?

The backfire screen is melted into the air filter cage around the edge and at the center from the factory. This is the way that the screen is held into place. Is your screen melted in other places?

What he said???

There are circular shaped chunks of white plastic that look like candle wax on the screen itself.