Keihin Carb jetting guide

Has anyone seen this? I have always wondered what circuit was affected with what throttle opening/RPM. This it makes it much easier for the laymen to understand what needs to be changed if a certain symptom is present.

Keihin_carb_adjust

Thats pretty neat, I have never seen that before. :applause:

Rtfm!

I read TFM from cover to cover the first day I bought it!!! This info is not in the US spec WR450FT manual.

How about doing us US guys a favor and scanning the page out of your manual and posting it here. It is probably more accurate than the generic info in the Keihin pdf.

Thanks for the extra information Asgeir.

I don't have a scanner!

Don't you guys have a section 7 in your manual??? My WR450F(T) manual is for Europe, Aus, NZ, and ZA.

Carb tuning is quite clear in sections 7-1 to 7-8. Are you serious that you guy's don't have it?

Section 7 in my manual is electrical. Now you know why there are so many stupid jetting questions from the noobs over here (if they would have read the manual anyway).

Here's on online manual for a 450.

http://wr450.com/servicemanual/wr.pdf

Print whatever pages your missing.

To answer Matty's question... my manual for a WR450 US spec has quite a bit of information on tuning and troubleshooting the carb. But I do know that the YZ450 manual has even more information in it. For example in the YZ it talks about tuning the leak jet, where in my WR manual, I don't have this info. :applause:

Section 7 in my manual is electrical. Now you know why there are so many stupid jetting questions from the noobs over here (if they would have read the manual anyway).

I wonder why that is? :applause:

I am wondering what else you guys miss out on? My manual is very comprehensive, it would be very interesting to compare differences.

Maybe Yamaha don't trust you guys fiddling with stuff! :cry:

You do get the fuel screw blocked off! :bonk:

I will have to try to scan my section out of my manual. It seems it will be of major benefit to many people here.

Here's on online manual for a 450.

http://wr450.com/servicemanual/wr.pdf

Print whatever pages your missing.

To answer Matty's question... my manual for a WR450 US spec has quite a bit of information on tuning and troubleshooting the carb. But I do know that the YZ450 manual has even more information in it. For example in the YZ it talks about tuning the leak jet, where in my WR manual, I don't have this info. :applause:

I have that leak jet stuff in my WR manuals. The other stuff is just about the same with only very slight differences, as mine is a T model.

That manual is great! :bonk:

I printed pages 322-329, this is the section on jetting that was not included in my manual. There are some specs that are different but this is very useful information.

I guess that since there is a cap over the fuel screw that we were to be "prohibited" from re-jetting the carb so why include that information in the manual.

I guess that since there is a cap over the fuel screw that we were to be "prohibited" from re-jetting the carb so why include that information in the manual.

:applause::cry::bonk: