06 suspension mods

Has anyone had their stock 06 suspension modified yet? Mine was really good at first but now that it is broken in is way to soft for my weight ( I am 230 lbs.) I was thinking of trying RG3 or Pro Circuit but Would rather wait to here some feedback from anybody who knows. Other than that I love my new 450.

Kayaba suspension............1 word.......Enzo :applause:

http://www.enzoracing.com

I am sold on their results...........

You might try proper weight springs first. I think there set up for 180 pounders to begin with. Just an idea.

My 06 has the forks and shock resprung/revalved by pro-action here in Texas. Hard to believe but its even better than it was before...i wish i was 1/2 the rider this bike was designed for haha

It's my thinking that springs and valving go together, so I had them do it all at the same time. The stock valving is set up for the stock spring rate, so if you change springs the valving wont work quite as well. That's just my opinion, but I'd rather spend a little more and be sure my bike is set up correctly b/c I have more confidence, better control, and a safer ride.

YMMV... good luck.

Go with Ga426's advise................Hands down the best with KYB 's is Ross at Enzo :applause: Really helpful and great support. Look at all the forks on any Yamaha Sattalite team and you will see Enzo stickers.

I am going riding today with my new Enzo suspension. I will post what my opinion is tonight. So far I have been impressed with their service. SEE YA! GONE RIDING!

cool , im looking forward to your report :applause:

Well I just got back from testing my new Enzo supension. Before I say anything else let me give some background, I am 43 and have been riding racing for 25+ years, I ride A level and race anything that looks like fun from moto cross to desert. I have had numerous suspension mods done by various companys over the years. My biggest concern with getting my 06 done was that it wouldn`t be as good as stock, But I am 6-4 and weigh 230 lbs. and stock was just too soft. I have never, Let me say that again, NEVER ridden anything as Bad ass as this bike with Enzo suspension! Unfreaken real. This must be what it is like to ride a works bike. It soaks up the knarly stuff like it isn`t even there yet it takes a big hit with no impact on the rider at all. I am glad I took the advice I got on Thumper Talk. Thanks Guys!

Kayaba suspension............1 word.......Enzo :applause:

http://www.enzoracing.com

I am sold on their results...........

I second it, Enzo does all the testing for Yamaha of Troy and Ross the owner actually worked at Kayaba

Well I just got back from testing my new Enzo supension. Before I say anything else let me give some background, I am 43 and have been riding racing for 25+ years, I ride A level and race anything that looks like fun from moto cross to desert. I have had numerous suspension mods done by various companys over the years. My biggest concern with getting my 06 done was that it wouldn`t be as good as stock, But I am 6-4 and weigh 230 lbs. and stock was just too soft. I have never, Let me say that again, NEVER ridden anything as Bad ass as this bike with Enzo suspension! Unfreaken real. This must be what it is like to ride a works bike. It soaks up the knarly stuff like it isn`t even there yet it takes a big hit with no impact on the rider at all. I am glad I took the advice I got on Thumper Talk. Thanks Guys!

Ross is awsome :applause: Super cool people. Enzo is amazing with KYB.

Did you have to have new springs? How much did it cost?

Yes I did have to have stiffer springs ( .48 front, 6.0 rear ). I opted for a steel spring on the rear because the Ti spring was over 500.00 bucks. The whole deal with shipping was $670.00. Best money I have spent on this bike!

I would have put the right springs in before I let anybody shuffle shims around.

It's impossible to have good suspension with the wrong springs.

For me every bike I buy I need heavier springs for it.

My 06 has the forks and shock resprung/revalved by pro-action here in Texas. Hard to believe but its even better than it was before...i wish i was 1/2 the rider this bike was designed for haha

It's my thinking that springs and valving go together, so I had them do it all at the same time. The stock valving is set up for the stock spring rate, so if you change springs the valving wont work quite as well. That's just my opinion, but I'd rather spend a little more and be sure my bike is set up correctly b/c I have more confidence, better control, and a safer ride.

YMMV... good luck.

if you don't mind mw asking how much do you weight?

and what'd you do with the rear spring, since it's Ti did you replace it with a Ti spring or did you leave it in the bike??

thanks

how does Enzo compair to Factory connection , because i no i will prob have to send my 06 450s out to get revavled and resprung, only reason im asking is because i sent my 04 250fs out to factory connection and they did a great job with it.

thanks guys

mike

if you don't mind mw asking how much do you weight?

and what'd you do with the rear spring, since it's Ti did you replace it with a Ti spring or did you leave it in the bike??

thanks

225-230, went with a steel spring. ...until im an A rider, steel springs are fine ya know?

the ti spring that came with my bike is sitting in my garage in a box

how does Enzo compair to Factory connection , because i no i will prob have to send my 06 450s out to get revavled and resprung, only reason im asking is because i sent my 04 250fs out to factory connection and they did a great job with it.

thanks guys

mike

I haven`t ridden an 06 with Factory Connection so it`s hard to compare, But my 05 YZ250 has Factory Connection forks on it and they aren`t even close to being as good.

thanks guys

mike

Enzo is all about KYB 's, thats their specialty. I wouldn't consider anyone else for Yamaha 's after the great job they did on my bike. Search some more in this forum and you can get some more feedback :applause:

I haven`t ridden an 06 with Factory Connection so it`s hard to compare, But my 05 YZ250 has Factory Connection forks on it and they aren`t even close to being as good.

Jeff, I have seen you ride with both, and I liked it better when you rode with your Factory Connection forks. :bonk: Now I have to try to run you off the track to keep up! :applause:

do you guys think that a 183 lb rider with out gear on would need to change out the rear spring? that races 250B