hot start nut removal ?

Could someone please explain how to get the hot start nut ( carbi end ) of my wr 450 as the plastic one is buggered and i have a aliminium on the way.

Many thanks david.

i think they are called duck billed pliers. they are flat nosed pliers from snap-on.

Could someone please explain how to get the hot start nut ( carbi end ) of my wr 450 as the plastic one is buggered and i have a aliminium on the way.

Many thanks david.

Take the entire cable off the bike. It goes on and off at the lever end.

WhyTF do they put plastic nuts on these bikes? :applause:

I usually use a pair of needle nose to get it loosened up. After that my fingers can do the rest..

Now that were talking about it, I would like to replace the cable actuated HS lever with an old school (non remote) plunger type since I never use my HS circit... It's one less thing to take off the carb..... :applause: Now that the WRs are estart with the decompression cam the HS option isn't as critical as finding TDC like they way it used to be. I haven't used my HS ONCE since I've owned my bike (one year), I've got thousands of miles on it...

What do you guys think?????

^i never did. now i do all the time.

^i never did. now i do all the time.

Why do you think that happends? I can remember when my 98's valves became out of spec the HS became mandatory. Once they were adjusted the HS wasn't needed. Hmmmm :applause:

Vice grips might also be the way to get out a mangled plastic nut. I gunked mine up on the first time taking it off and got the metal one.

Thanks all for the info. Dave

Speaking of nuts, My left one is abnormally, Oh, sorry different forum!

Anyway,

My hot start lever is realy stiff, I have never used it. Is it supposed to be smooth and can you pull it like a clutch lever?