Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Stonyford riders

Flywheel weight

14 posts in this topic

The '06 is entirely different. The flywheel is "inside out", like a WR450.

Why do you need a flywheel for an '06?

The '06 is entirely different. The flywheel is "inside out", like a WR450.

Why do you need a flywheel for an '06?

It bugs me they can not get the sites updated :applause:

The flywheel is listed as a performance part for 2006 450, but then the description of the item says "fits 03-05". The person responsible for updating the pages should be put in a sleeve and re-fucced and then poured gas on and chased with a torch. :bonk:

Sureblue thanks for the help-people on T.T. are awesome!Can I order the part from tt or where do you suggest.Who makes a good kick stand that will hold up.

Can I order the part from tt or where do you suggest.Who makes a good kick stand that will hold up.

To my knowledge TT does not sell GYTR parts, and if you want the FWW for a ´06, I don't think there are any available yet for it.

A good kickstand is the PMB kickstand

http://www.promotobillet.com/shop/category.asp?catid=14

and you can order it from TT store.

Would like to have fly wheel for tight trail riding as not to use the clutch as much.Converting bike into woods bike.Thanks!

No question, for off road riding the 06 needs a flywheel. But, I think it will be at least 2mths before one is available. The Steahly guys says 2mths and it will be a whole new flywheel which means $200 plus. My solutions is to pay $450 and get a rekluse. Mine should be here this week and the first race test will be this weekend. I 'll post a report!

The Steahly guys says 2mths and it will be a whole new flywheel which means $200 plus.

The Dr.D for the '03-'05's is a whole new flywheel, and is only $89 exchange. The GYT-R's are complete flywheels and are $100 outright.