HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Xr650rhonda

Tusk Clutch

7 posts in this topic

Anyone have trouble using the Tusk Clutch? I put one in while changing my timing chain and installing a Hot Cam stage I. I have to adjust the clutch cable all the way out(both adjustments) to the max before feeling anything at the lever, when I put in the old friction disks everything is back to normal. Anyone else run into this?

Did you pre soak the discs in oil?

Yes I did, I followed the manual step by step. The Tusk friction plates don't seem to seat in the basket like the stock ones (I received the right part number), this maybe due to more material on the tusk plates. I was prepared to adjust my cable, but I was thinking I should be bringing my adjusters in, rather the out? or do I have it backwards?

Its the steels. They are slighty thicker. I ran into the same problem with a Barnett on my CR500. I put the OEM steels (aluminum) and it came back into spec.

As a side note, the aftermarket steels allowed the clutch to slip too...Those stamped things just dont work right.

Its the steels. They are slighty thicker. I ran into the same problem with a Barnett on my CR500. I put the OEM steels (aluminum) and it came back into spec.

As a side note, the aftermarket steels allowed the clutch to slip too...Those stamped things just dont work right.

Thank You !!! :applause:

My Barnett dirt digger went in perfect and works perfect. Junk things on these bikes are the baskets and springs. Change them, and you're set.