HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
phat_450f

Tire Pressure???

14 posts in this topic

Hey guys I have always wanted to know. What pressure's You run in your tires front and rear. I believe it about the same for all types of tires but I could be wrong.

Desert, rocky terrain...17-20

Desert, reg terain.......15-17

MX ......................... 11-14

thats what I thought. I will have to keep that in mind to raise the pressure up a tad when going to the desert. Thanks

The owner of the shop I go to says to neve put more than 15-16 psi.

10 for sand

12 for mud, roots, average woods

15 for rocks

I run almost exclusively in sand and I am using about 13 lb front. I think the rear is 14 but that is a paddle tire.

12-13 if you know you wont be hitting any rocks.

14-17 if I go trail riding in the rock gardens.

Some of the rocks around here are like hitting curbs. Anything lower and you really run the risk of a pinch flat. Yeah,.. you might loose I small amount of front end bite by running 17 but its better than getting a flat.

I vary the pressure depending on the tire, and the terrain. Some tires ( like Maxxis ), have a very stiff sidewall, and work well with less pressure, while some other brands ( like Michelin ) work well with more pressure. I have always adjusted tire pressure by feel, and usually end up between 10-14psi.

I run usually between 16-18 psi front and rear. I ride mostly mx and weigh about 275 without gear. I case alot of jumps and was getting flats in front with lower pressures.