HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Hensley419

Butt Sore

13 posts in this topic

HI, I have an 03 WR450 and i don't think i can take it anymore! The stock seat sucks. Who makes the best replacement seat that isn't taller, but softer. Pics would be great.

I just go the guts tall soft seat and new seat cover. Put it on today, going riding MOnday. I'll post on the "effects" MOnday night!

I'm very happy with a Guts tall foam seat on my 03 WR450. Monkeybutt no more. Only thing is that it adds another inch or so to an already tall bike.

A cheaper way to go would be to buy a pair of riding shorts with hip pads (FOX, EVS or 661) or bicycle riding shorts and try standing up more when you ride. Food for though if you think a Yamaha seat is hard, trying riding for 120 miles off-road in one day on a stock KTM seat!!! It gives a whole new meaning to "monkey butt".

Just got back from a trip to see my new seat has been delivered, the soft foam from Guts feels great, I will install this bad boy and do a short cruise to see if it is to soft-- check back!!!!

I bought my bike from a guy who is 6'4" and he had installed a B-3 seat from Factoryeffex It was too tall for me at 6' so I cut it down but it is still way more comfortable than a stock seat.

quit being poosies if you would ride more your butt gets tougher or you lose feeling in it i havent decided yet

You a young guy bigblueknight? I bet age is a factor here!

I rode for about 3 hours Monday with my new guts tall soft. You definitely notice the difference, the seat is much softer. I noticed today that I feel the after effects of the ride across a larger section of my ars then the narrow range that the stock seat usually effected! I would definitely recommend the guts