XR650R Front End Vibration @ 70+ mph

I'm getting a vibration/bounce at 70 mph and above on my 650R. It's not a head shake....but more of a fast up and down bouncing feel to it. It get's kinda uncomfortable at that speed. The bike is already set up with a Scott's damper and SRC fork brace. The previous owner had an aggressive DOT knobby on the bike. I switched to a less aggressive front tire and still have the concern. He also sprung the bike for a 240lb. rider. I'm about 190lb. Will the heavier springs be my concern or should I look at balancing the tire?

Thanks!

Have you set the sag up? It will make a huge diff.

Have you set the sag up? It will make a huge diff.

Thanks Jim1234. I'll check it today and give it a ride if this rain ever lets up!

You should balance the tire in any case.

Peter

You absolutely must balance both front and rear tires, especially if you are running single rimlocks. :applause:

definitely sounds like an unbalanced tire

:applause:

You should balance the wheel/tire assembly, adjust sag, also check the run-out on the rim, most are off some and high speed will exaggerate it.. Mine had a similar feel at about 75-85 mph. adjusting the spokes to correct run-out solved the problem.. :applause:

I had the same problem on a brand new pair of distanzias.

Took it back to the dealer and had it rebalanced-no help.

I finally put in these little guys-right here

One pack in the front, and two packs in the rear. My L has never ridden better. :applause:

I had the same problem on a brand new pair of distanzias.

Took it back to the dealer and had it rebalanced-no help.

I finally put in these little guys-right here

One pack in the front, and two packs in the rear. My L has never ridden better. :applause:

That's an interesting product. I wonder if an ounce of sand would do the same thing??

Thanks for all the replies. I checked the sag today and its at 4 1/2" with rider weight. So that checks fine. I'll take the tire down to get balanced this week. If that doesn't work....I'll try the beads.

Thanks again and everyone have a great New Year!!!

check your steering head bearings for wear. they lack grease fom the factory that lasts longer then a week.