WR 450 2 Trac, anyone else seen them ?

I saw those last year when they were trying them out.They said they were pretty awesome the front tire was pulling them out of deep sand and washes also it pulled enough to get over things really well and out of corners. :applause:

Hi,

Seen one at my Yamaha-dealer, looks great but that price tag is bid how would I put it.... I know one who was supposed to use it in finnish championship tour but said it takes bit too long to get use to it. Some team used at Paris-Dakar this year but ended up disconnecting the front wheel drive because it was too slow

Timo Mc

• 1 month later...

I thought a guy took 2nd overall in the 04' Dakar on one of these?

Yamaha was producing them and Int'l M/C brokers was selling them for $12K US.

I saw a video of french enduro, it was a pretty nasty event where riders had to go up a narrow ravine with a stream in it and the 2 Trac was out performing everyone, it was pretty impressive.

After some reading on it I found that the hydraulic pump is set up so that it really only transfers power to the front wheel when the back wheel breaks loose, the countershaft driving the pump has to reach a certain RPM. This is not a rock crawler or Rokon by any means.