HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
nothingleft

2005 =WR450FT and 2006 =WR450FV any new owners?

7 posts in this topic

Last night I was looking through my owner's manual and could not find the section about the enduro computer for the 2006 WR450. I looked at the cover of my manual and noticed it says WR450FT. If I am correct I have the WR450FV. Does this mean the dealer gave me the wrong manual?

Any of you with the 2006 WR450F can you check your manual cover and tell me what it says for the last digit? (T or V)

Is there a seperate owner's service manual for the 2006 WR450?

I tried checking with the parts section of the Yamaha site and they do not have a manual listed for the 2006 WR450F, only the 2005. The site says it may be because the bike is too new. Can someone take a look at their manual for the 2006 and tell me if it is for the WR450FT or WR450FV?

i have it sitting here for my 06,its a FV one part number 5tj-28199-43 (bottom right corner)

i have it sitting here for my 06,its a FV one part number 5tj-28199-43 (bottom right corner)

Funny, I picked up my new 2006 wr450FV yesterday. My manual says "wr450FV" on the cover--and its got the stuff on the new computer--but the p/n in the lower right corner is different than what bomax has--mine is "5TJ-28199-13".

Funny, I picked up my new 2006 wr450FV yesterday. My manual says "wr450FV" on the cover--and its got the stuff on the new computer--but the p/n in the lower right corner is different than what bomax has--mine is "5TJ-28199-13".

Mine is the same as this ^^^.

Thanks guys. I called the dealer and told them what I have found and they did give me the wrong manual. Now I have to go down and pick it up.

iam in canada with canadian model so iam guessing thats probly it.it has english,german,french and spanish in it.

Mine is the same as this ^^^.