xr650l different looking

It' gonna get plenty of air and it will go in correctly.

Now that is just plain odd looking...

can't say if i like it or hate it but it is definately different. do ya think that not having an air box and all the air not getting into the carb corrrectly would hurt performance?

You can jet for anthing; modified airbox, no airbox, no air cleaner... Personally, I think no airbox isn't the way to go.

Attached is my verson of the XR650L SM.

MGS

http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/garage.php?do=viewattachment&attachmentid=8187

can't say if i like it or hate it but it is definately different. do ya think that not having an air box and all the air not getting into the carb corrrectly would hurt performance?

http://images.traderonline.com/img/dealer/powersports/power209462_1.jpg

http://images.traderonline.com/img/dealer/powersports/power209462_2.jpg

I think it is great but here is mine so I'm a little biased. :applause:

http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/garage.php?do=viewattachment&attachmentid=6922

K&N Filter with a sock right?

These are great for airflow but I think they do let a bit more of the very fine dust through.. I guess you will keep the filter oiled..

You can jet for anthing; modified airbox, no airbox, no air cleaner... Personally, I think no airbox isn't the way to go.

Attached is my verson of the XR650L SM.

MGS

http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/garage.php?do=viewattachment&attachmentid=8187

Dude i love the look of that thing. Could you PM me with a list of stuff so i can make mine look like that one........pleeeease?

Those are all very fine lookin

Dude i love the look of that thing. Could you PM me with a list of stuff so i can make mine look like that one........pleeeease?

I have to agree with "Wheels up" on this one, you did a great job on that bike. :applause: I am not really a supermoto fan, but I really like what you did with that. you somehow kept it in between dirt and moto. I also would like a bit more detailed description of what you did, and the good points/bang your head on the walls :cry: aspects of all that work. I especially like the rear fender work. got any more pics? where is that rear fender from?

As far as that first bike. hmmmmm.... :bonk: I guess it's fine for road only, but i did get mine to be a dual purpose bike... soooo... based on that, i'd be afraid of no airbox at all, I have desnorked mine of course, which means it isnt a submarine by anyones statement, but at least it would deflect any basic splashing. I have a Clarke tank & no wings, i see no real difference in oil temp at road speeds, a bit higher off-road, but definetly not in the danger zone. But more air if set up properly IE jetting/carb and a good exhaust would make it really scream.

I would have left the sidepanels on. personnal preference, but i dont care for the open look. I know Corbin seats are super-comfy, (i have ridden a bike with one on) and if i rode forever, or maybe when i get older/more beat up i may opt for that... but right now? I just dont care for how they look. kinda flat and wide, like a tractor seat.

I like the front fender, that has to make up for the loss of the tank wings on air flow, If I rode dry areas 90+% of the time, I would likely do exactly the same thing. However,I ride roads in highly variable weather at highway speeds, and going to work @6am in the rain is bad enough... don't want to throw anymore of it in front of me to come back at me. I like the bobbed look, but for how I ride, I also like all that extra (albeit dumb-assed looking) fender up front blocking wheel spray from becoming face-spray.

Overall, i like it. it just has a few nuances i would change, and it wouldnt be practical for how i ride, at least not at the moment.

just my 2 pennies.

That exhaust is dope. :applause:

if by dope u mean he was on dope while designing/building it.

Battery moved looks like also. I want to do all that stuff. Wonder how it handles?

Is that bike for sale in Greenville NC, if so i think i went to look at it the other day

I dig the wheels, inverted forks and tank shrouds. Would like to know more about those. :applause:

Battery moved looks like also. I want to do all that stuff. Wonder how it handles?

friggin awsome, no sport bike can touch me in the twisties.

The bike is in MA and it isn't for sale.

Updated pix soon.

A few of the mods are:

45mm Marzoochi forks with CRF triples

East Coast Wheels 17"s

Moto Master 320mm disk

Aloop tank kit

CR250 Acerbis plastic

battery under seat and relocated electrics, XR600R side panel

IMS pegs

Genmar bar risers

Edelbrock pumper

Wiseco 10.25:1 piston

Hotcams

3 angle valve job

ported and polished

Yosh header with FMF Q2

Tons of fab work and welding into the bike, nothing has been left untouched.

My next L will have a 715cc kit and dual FMF Q2s and a 5.5 rear rim.

MGS

How fast will it go?

I have had it over 100, but it was wound out.

MGS

sorry guys it isn't my bike and i know nothing about it. it was on cycletrader.com and it just caught my eye as a little different so i thought you guys would like to talk about it. i am sure if you do a search on the site you could find it again.

my opinion on the bike is that it really isnt' a dualsport anymore so i don't really like it. plus i would also have maybe just modified the airbox to run that filter but i wouldn't have gotten rid of the sides of the airbox. i like how the sidepanels and airbox look.