HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ltrosson

sweep ????

5 posts in this topic

what are the benefits of either more or less sweep on your handlebars. Intelligent replies only, since the question is not the same. :applause:

I dont know if my reason is intelligent or not but i use the Pastrana bend because my hands hurt less and i get less arm pump, i think thats a benefit :applause:

what are the benefits of either more or less sweep on your handlebars. Intelligent replies only, since the question is not the same. :applause:

Less sweep keeps your elbows up enabling your arms better to act as a damper. Wide bars in general are better for me than narrow bars; I can tell it also from bench press where I press better with a wide than narrow grip.

Bars are however very personal like lever positions (I like to keep my levers almost horizontal), what suits me may not suit you.

Hope this was intelligent enough my friend.

Intelligent replies only? What in the hell does "since the question is not the same" mean? The same as what? There isn't much intelligence required, either you prefer a larger sweep or you don't. BTW, an intelligent question doesn't imply that people wanting to help you are stupid.

Biznet, sounds like you got up on the wrong side of the bed, my question to most may not be intelligent, but to me is rather important. If less sweep means my hands will not cramp as bad that is the info I need. I was not trying to offend anyone, but some do not need to be offended to shoe their IQ. :applause: