HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
wheelnut46

XR650L battery?

4 posts in this topic

I've already ordered an owners manual online for this kind of information but it hasnt come in yet. I need to know what battery my 2001 XR650L uses.

Thanks

I cant get to my shop manual right now, but when I replaced my battery, I just got a sealed battery at WalMart for the XR650L, they have a handy video-type catalog), am going on my 3rd year with it, and it seems just like new (I keep mine on a Battrey-Maintainer year 'round) .. about $50, if memory serves me right (and after the 60s, no guarantee about that .. :applause: )

My original Yuasa Battery YTX9-BS that came with my 1995 XR650L was in that bike from its manufacture in 1994 all the way to 2003. ~45,000 miles.

I replaced it because I no longer trusted it to last. I replaced it with the same YTX9-BS.

I use the original 1995 XR650L battery as a jump-start battery for one of my ATK's. I don't understand how it can still keep a chage. :applause: