06 450 differances

well i just my new blue thumper even though its yellow and i like it alot and i was just wondering if the US models come with an FMF powerbomb style header pipe like the (australian) models and i was just curious to what they do

I don't have an 06 model (I have an 04 model), but my understanding from the U.S. magazine articles is that the U.S. models do NOT have the powerbomb/megabomb option. They have a straight header.

does the powerbomb thing smooth it out or sumthin

Exhaust tuning makes use of pressure wave timing to evacuate the exhaust and to aid in bringing the fresh fuel air charge into the engine during the valve overlap. You can bias an engine toward peak performance at higher or lower rpm by changing the length of the header, but the effect is limited somewhat to a fairly narrow range of engine speed. The "Power Bomb" section has the effect of damping the pressure waves in a way that allows the header to behave as if it were a variable length. That tends to widen the power curve and soften any sudden "hits". Works well.

It also reduces noise by as much as 1-2 db, which may be the real reason it's on the Euro and Aussie models.

It also reduces noise by as much as 1-2 db, which may be the real reason it's on the Euro and Aussie models.

No, It just works better!

I think FMF must have something to do with why everyone else around the world gets it and USA models miss out.