Not enough lube on front steering bearings

Well after calling Yamaha and they assured me there was enought lube on the bearings i pulled the front end apart and guess what i found...between the 2 bearings there wasn't enough lube to keep one of the bearing out of trouble...i would't have been long and would have been replaceing bearing and races...stay lubed guys....

Buff,

check the swing arm pivots, linkage and both axles and save yourself some grief.

Bill

Yamahas information sucks, thats why we have ThumperTalk ?

------------------

99 WR400f, YZ timed, MX-Tech suspension, Scotts steering damper, White Bros E-Series (12 discs), tapered header and a/f. Kouba T-handle for the fuel screw. Works Connection billet throttle tube and frame guards. Cycra Pro-Bend, triple clamp mount handguards. Thumper Racing rad guards, Renthal Jimmy Button highs, YZ Tank and IMS seat, YZ number plate, odo removed, EKP #4, 50PJ, 175MJ at 500-1000' Thanks James Dean!

I was just about to say that. Why the hell wouldn't they install gease nipples on the steering and swing arm bearings from the factory????? And while im here, why don't they have a free play adjustment screw on the front and rear brake leavers?