06 450 Clutch Noise ???

When I am in neutral and let the clutch out there is a noise thats sounds like something is off balance? I heard some other years had dry plate problems? Could this be it? :bonk: Is any body else having this problem? Otherwise bike rips. :applause:

I would take it to the dealer while it's still under warranty, at least to get it documented before your 30 days are up. This way, if it detonates later, you should still be covered.

Ditto. I had a friend who bought a new 05 and ironically it was making a similar noise. He took it back and they tightened or adjusted something inside and the noise went away. I want to say something with clutch basket...

Relax. It's normal transmission rattle. Look, your engine does not run at one steady RPM at idle. It goes "thump-thump-thump", right? Each thump is a power stroke, which accelerates the engine. That's followed by the engine coming up on the next compression stroke, decelerating, and then, "thump", another acceleration. With all of this speed up/slow down stuff going on, the transmission is like someone standing in the aisle of a bus with a student driver. When you pull the clutch, the trans disconnects from the engine, and the noise stops.

You can hear the same sort of noise in most stick shift cars or trucks with 4 & 6 cylinder engines, sometimes even V8's. Compare it to another one. You'll find they all do it.

Relax.

I wish. I've got one ride on my new 450 and am experiencing a noise as well. It sounds and feels like a bad bearing. It is only noticeable when rolling along at idle but it is pretty bad then. The noise/vibration can be varied by pulling in the clutch. With the clutch in it almost goes away. I have enough experience to know when to be worried and I'm worried. I first made sure it had the required quantity of oil which it did then I pulled the clutch apart. Not finding the expected burn marks on anything I reassembled it.

Somethings not good but I'm going to ride it till it fails.

--KT--

• 2 months later...