Scotts damper question

I run a 01 WR426 with the stock triple clamps and the AJs bar risers stock to fat bar forward mount.

Just wondering if anyine has put a Scotts damper on and retained the forward bar position.

Im a big guy and really need the extra space but a damper would be nice also.

Thanks,

Eric

I run a 01 WR426 with the stock triple clamps and the AJs bar risers stock to fat bar forward mount.

I've recently been researching a damper myself. If you want to add a scotts top mount bar clamp on top of your AJ's adapters, I think you would need a longer link arm on the damper to make up for the forward offset of the AJ's. I'm not sure it will work or if they even make an arm for that, but the Scotts website indicates that they can accomodate the four bar positions offered by many aftermarket top clamp / riser combinations.

http://www.scottsperformance.com/indexmain.html

This would lead me to believe that they can help you out too.

The SUBmount is a real nice setup (which I really want), but it's expensive, and I'm not sure they can provide the forward offset you have with the AJ's.

Let us know how you make out, because I'm still learning about this stuff too.

Look on their website for the Scotts Barclamp. That replaces your top bar clamps on your existing risers (the AJ's in your case) and the damper would then mount to that. Like I said, the only problem I see is the forward offset of the AJ's may be too far forward of the post for the link arm to reach.

I will send a phote of mine tomorrow with the Scott's :applause: I have a 01 426 with the BRP clamp and the Stabilizer. The only issue is access to the oil plug.

That would be great, I sent photos and measurements to Scotts this morning to see if they can come up with something.

Eric

Talked to Scotts this morning, Sent them some pics and measurements.

They figured it out really easily, I will be putting the Scotts Sub Mount onto the stock top triple clamp, Normaly there wouldnt be enough room but the AJs bar adapters leave lots of space under the bars.

A bolt on frame bracket and Im good to go.

Scotts service is great and the saved me about 250.00

I'll let you know how the install goes this weekend, should have the parts by Friday.

Later,

Eric

Talked to Scotts this morning,.... I will be putting the Scotts Sub Mount onto the stock top triple clamp

Are you sure you're getting the SUBmount for the stock triple clamp? I believe the SUBmount is a combination bar mount / damper mount that goes with a Scotts or BRP triple clamp. Unless they have made something new or custom for you, I think you're getting the Scotts bar clamp. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Normaly you would have to use there top clamp and the 25mm riser bar mounts to make enough room for the damper under the bars.

But the AJs bar risers do that job and then some.

The Damper mount will bolt on under the stock steering head crown bolt and fixed in position with a 1/8" roll pin.

They said that they havent done this aplication before but everything has enough room and spec's out OK.

I'll let ya know how it goes.

Eric