Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
redmansz400

how do you take the front wheel off?

19 posts in this topic

On your bike you first need to remove the plastic guard that guards the front brake cable, there are two bolts that hold it on, after you remove the plastic guard you'll see the axle nut, remove the axle nut, next, loosen the 10mm pinch bolts that hold the axle in place... After that, remove the axle from the bike, you might have to tap the axle with a rubber mallet to free it.

if you dont own a manual, they are a wise, and cost-effective investment.

hit up ebay.

Arin,

You know how us men work :cry:

Last resorts is that RTFM method :bonk:

Read The ***king Manual

Timo Mc

Merry Christmas to everyone :applause:

ya i plan on getting one. i got one for my truck and it works great. bikes are alot different than quads and older motorcycles like my last one (78' suzuki 90)

Arin,

You know how us men work :cry:

Last resorts is that RTFM method :bonk:

Read The ***king Manual

Timo Mc

Merry Christmas to everyone :applause:

ya but i was trying to do this last minute and have never worked on a bike before (usually cars/choppers) i should of bought the manual when i got the bike that way i could of just dug it up tonight instead of waiting till tomorrow when i was supposed to be riding

ya but i was trying to do this last minute and have never worked on a bike before (usually cars/choppers) i should of bought the manual when i got the bike that way i could of just dug it up tonight instead of waiting till tomorrow when i was supposed to be riding

Get a good setup of metric wrenches and sockets, with those ones you won't ruin bolts and nuts :applause:

If you have roundup some bolts or that axlenut already, you need a pipewrench to get it loose and then just replace it with new one.

Probably have to go to Yamaha -dealer to get one.

Timo Mc

i couldn't find my 22mm socket for my impact wrench or i would of used that. i ended up with a box end wrench and a dead blow hammer

Hey Redman, sorry if this is an inappropriate question but....

Will you be ok putting it back on? there's a right and a wrong way to do it :bonk:

Grease that axle, then get everything back together (watch for your speedo drive), leave the pinchbolts loose and the axle nut gently nipped. Then pump the front end up and down a few times. this seats everything together nicely, then go about tightening everything back up. Borrow a torque wrench if you don't have one, these are bolts you will want to tighten correctly.

Sorry if i'm teaching you to suck eggs.... :applause: