Can I break even? 06 prices R everywhere!!

Why are the 06 yzf 450 prices so different? I see everything from $6,100 to $7,500 OTD on this forum. I'm just trying to break even by trading in my 03 and 05 450's. My dealer is asking $6,800 for blue and $7,000 for yellow. This is NOT the OTD price either. He offered me $2,500 trade for my 03 and $3,900 trade for my 05. Don't you think I should at least be able to break even??? I bought both bikes from him. He has a yellow one coming in one week and I can put my name on it. Just don't want to pay too much but at the same time I can't wait!!!!

What do you all think?? :applause:

... then you only pay tax on the difference rather than the whole purchase. :applause:

Is that the way it works with trade-ins to dealers?

So two trade-ins $2500+$3900=$6400

New bike $6800-trade-in 6400=$400+tax and dealer crude...

So the out the door price would be around $600 out of pocket?

Yes thats how it works - at least in TX :applause:

you'd pay tax on the difference, so call the difference 400... tax on that is about 33 bucks. tax on 6800 is 561.00 at 8.25% tax.....

the rest would depend on how much in add on fees and freight.... could be as little as 600 out of pocket for sure.

Originally Posted by ride yzf all the way

i really do it my 250f yellowo was

Say what??

The tax deal works the same here (Idaho). You just pay tax on the difference because you've already paid on the original purchase of your used bike.

Also, most dealerships couldn't care less about mods, so strip them off and ebay them after you trade the bikes in - you could come out ahead and/or have mod money for the new bike :applause:

Definitely. The mods don't make a bit of difference in resale value.

why not just sell the bikes on the open classified market? It will take a bit more time and effort but you will be ahead financially. Remember the dealer has to make money to cover his building and overhead ect so he has to give you less than he intends to sell the used bikes for. You have none of that to worry about.

I live in so cal where I was getting otd prices of 7800 to 8200 I had one shipped to me from toledo ohio otd including shipping for 6400. I found this price on cycle trader the shop i got it was honda east of toledo ohio. They were great to work with. You could easily sell your bike for more then they will give you for a trade in.