HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Yamahan

2006 WR Speedo on a 2005 WR

31 posts in this topic

Anybody tried to fit a 2006 WR450F digital speedo/enduro timer to a '05 WR450F? If so, what is cost and part number to order the '06 speedo?

Thanks Guys :applause:

The '06 speedo and accompanying hardware is WAY expensive. Somewhere in the neigborhood of $500 :applause: ...SC

Hi,

I just fitted a Trailtech Lynx on my WR450 05 model, easy and work like a clock. I got that Lynx kit with remote, costs only $119 :applause:

Timo Mc

It looks like the '06 top triple clamp has different mounting points in the front to accommodate the new speedo than the '05's top clamp. The price is enough to keep me away. :applause:

Trailtech !

Enduro or Lynx.

Great product. Easy to install.

Up to date looking.

Just make sure to route the cables the correct way.

The RPM gauge is kinda funny.. I mean, what's it for other than showing your friends how cool it is? Hopefully it's just a screen option and can be shut off, I see it takes up a large portion of the screen.

I've been using ICO products for years, they're very durable offroad instruments. I wished they had a nice dualsport computer based off the Checkmate package with better graphics, they seem a bit dated considering the Trailtech has an attractive screen layout showing multiple readings on on one whole screen.... If the Trailtech is half as reliable as an ICO product they just might have something I could use...

My experience with the Trailtech Endurance has been very good once I made a good solid mount for it. No problems. I think there's a Lynx under the christmas tree right now :-). If your going to use a Lynx for dual sporting you will want the remote since you can't increment mileage without it - only reset to zero.

According to Trailtech customer support if you have the remote you can increment up or down in tenths. Without the remote you can only reset to zero.

I want to remove my speedo.

does anyone know how to remove the speedo-cable ?

The cable is solid casted into the magnetic-gear assy that fits on the hubs right side !

I do not want to destroy anything, i want to be able to reinstall speedometer and cable for the annual motor vehicle inspection.

Hi,

I just fitted a Trailtech Lynx on my WR450 05 model, easy and work like a clock. I got that Lynx kit with remote, costs only $119 :applause:

Timo Mc

Hey Timo Mc

Trailtech sounds like the way to go. Do you have a pic of it fitted?

PM me please. :bonk:

I have had a TrailTech on my 01' Wr since new in 01', thats 5 years of reliable street legal use. the original battery still works, I have never had a single problem with it.

That ICO thing looks too basic for me.

I am sure it works fine but the TrailTech is flawless.

I like the Vapor concept with RPM guage, I will upgrade to that when they are available without question.