YZ 450 vs Cr 450

This thread was also posted in another forum. Can you guees which one? Search under CRF 450 vs YZ 450. :applause:

then I just have to go there and maybe I will find some fun reading... :applause:

Merry Christmas.

SureBlue, you ride all those blue bikes you list or are they family bikes?

The 450 was my MX bike and the YZ125 was a bike I just wanted to try (mountain bike feeling), heard so much good about it. Sold them both this autumn and thought I would get the new 450 earlier, now confirmed week 1.

Have to admit I was close to buying a CRF already :bonk: All this waiting makes me feel like a consultant who knows how to do it but never done it himself.

My son (11 in January) rides the 85 and my daughter (14 in April) has the TTR, but seems her riding is over, other interests I guess.

You too - riding with family :applause:

Reyndogg, dig the avatar, does mine look familiar?

yes it does :applause:

The 450 was my MX bike and the YZ125 was a bike I just wanted to try (mountain bike feeling), heard so much good about it. Sold them both this autumn and thought I would get the new 450 earlier, now confirmed week 1.

Have to admit I was close to buying a CRF already :cry: All this waiting makes me feel like a consultant who knows how to do it but never done it himself.

My son (11 in January) rides the 85 and my daughter (14 in April) has the TTR, but seems her riding is over, other interests I guess.

You too - riding with family :applause:

Oh yeah, family of riders, the only true family sport. Course I do ride them all from time to time, both the little Hondas are damn fun. :bonk:

yes it does :applause:

Can't tell if your crest is SF or what but I feel the message. Ever serve at Bragg?

you play(ed) with the 75th??

you play(ed) with the 75th??

Aco 3rd Bn, Ft. Benning (basic, AIT, Jump, RIP, Battalion and Ranger School). :applause:

cool, my old man was a recondo....and a F#@$@ maniac....RIP..

go with the yamaha just my opionion the honda is a good bike but im a yamaha guy

2003 YZ is faster than the 03 CRF, but, the crf was less tiring to ride during motos.The YZ is probably more dependable to boot. No problems with my 05 CRF though.

The 03 YZ450F was fast as a beast - maybe a little hard to ride for some. It hit hard on the bottom and pulled harder in each gear. Certainly the Yamaha will enlighten you as to your fitness level, especially your arms, but whether it is a better bike that the CR is pretty subjective.