HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Dirtskills

E-start button broke

11 posts in this topic

Will any electric start button work or do I need to get a yamaha one for my

05 WR450. is there a thinner or smaller one out there. thank you, Keith

stock ones are junk. DONT but another OEM one!!!!!

you will want to replace the kill button too.

i have found the buttons on suzuki drz400e to be the strongest. and not too expensive. good luck.

Thinner and smaller is not better. Those OEM Starter Buttons SUCK :applause: Go get a Yamaha style kill switch, (2002 or older), and use that. Should give you years of trouble free service. Do the same thing when your kill button takes a crap, (don't worry it will soon is it hasn't already).

Good Luck :bonk:

stock ones are junk. DONT but another OEM one!!!!!

you will want to replace the kill button too.

i have found the buttons on suzuki drz400e to be the strongest. and not too expensive. good luck.

Yeah this would work too. I don't know much about the DRZ switches but if you read it on TT it must be true :applause:

That stupid button popped out on me on a long rut filled, stall happy ride! :bonk: If I would have known it as such a POS I would have replaced it before I rode the bike the first time. I replaced mine with a KX style button. Works a lot better and is stronger. :applause: The old style Yamaha button was my next choice.

Well known fact on this forum. put on the old YZ250 kill buttons for both kill and starter. They are twice as large and never pop out or fail to make contact. :applause:

Will any electric start button work or do I need to get a yamaha one for my

05 WR450. is there a thinner or smaller one out there. thank you, Keith

I swapped mine with one from a TTR250. It has both the Run and Start switch on it and lets you ditch the pushbutton switch, as well.