Magnetic Drain Plug '06

The left side is a different size thread than the right,off the top of my head the left side is smaller. I ordered 2 zip ty's there not in yet,but the drain bolts are 2 different sizes.

Hmmm...so some of us say they are the same, some of us say they are different.

I used my typical scientific method when comparing mine...I looked at them laying next to each other while I finished my third Budweiser.

Iam telling you guys!....... As much as I change my oil (which is about every hour to every hour and a half) My left side drain bolt takes a size 12mm wrench and the magnetic plug on the right side takes a size14mm wrench. As far as the bolt size goes the diameter of the magnetic plug (the threaded part) is bigger rounder than the drain plug on the left side, as far as it goes on my 06 450.

Iam telling you guys!....... As much as I change my oil (which is about every hour to every hour and a half) My left side drain bolt takes a size 12mm wrench and the magnetic plug on the right side takes a size14mm wrench. As far as the bolt size goes the diameter of the magnetic plug (the threaded part) is bigger rounder than the drain plug on the left side, as far as it goes on my 06 450.

On an 07 WR, the left and right side drain plugs are the same. Same size head and same pitch.

• 2 weeks later...
Okay, I compared the two drain bolts last night and the left side and right side are not the same thread size...at least on my '06. Both take a 12mm socket or wrench to remove though but I have the aftermarket magnetic plug on the right side.

Yes, you're right. They are two different sizes...

• 2 months later...
Both of mine take a 12mm wrench/socket...just double checked. The manual says one is a M8 X 1.25 and one is a M10 X 1.25 but I am pretty sure mine are both the same. Interesting...i am looking forward to my next oil change.

will the 20mm deep not including the head will be okey for 06 yz450f?

There is no 20mm fastener on the '06 YZ450.

A 12 mm deep will work on the oil tank drain (left side forward), but the crankcase drain (right rear) cannot be accessed with a socket of any kind.

i'm trying to buy a magnetic drain plug, and i was searching at ebay and found this. they are M8x1.25 andM10x1.25 repectively.. will this work? i know it's cheap but i think this serves the purpose

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=180176378978&ssPageName=ADME:X:RTQ:MOTORS:1123