HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
kawirider

Dad wants a 450

11 posts in this topic

How much should we look at paying for an '03 or newer WR450F? Must be an '03, because the E-Start is a must.

2003 WR450 $3,000. to $3,600. depending on condition

2004 WR450 $3,400. to $3,900. depending on condition

Personaly I would stay away from the 03 only because some of them had starter problems and the famous "Woodruff Key" issues.. I would save up and get an 04.

I'm sure DAD wants one but can he handle one? he he he Just busting chops....

I've seen 33 year old guys sell a WR cuz it scared the crap out of them.

My 04 is still strong and no issues to date

RIght now, the most cost effective, competitive WR on the market is the 04 models.

My dad weighs 240 lbs and is riding a WR250F. When he didnt have enough power to make it up this one hill (we do ride some gnarly stuff) with new tires, he thought it was time for an upgrade. Why are they so stinkin expensive? 3.4k-3.9k for an '04!? That is a wad of cheese for an '04. My '03 YZ450F didnt even cost 3k, and it was as perfect as can be. Almost seems like it would be cheaper to just convert a YZ.

I have 2 used 04's and would take 3200 each both have around 1500 miles in them. new rubber, good shape.

pm me

About $3500 or so. This should include some upgrades and be vrey clean.As far as the starter issue it may have been corrected by a dealer while the bike was under warranty or if its a later 03 the change may have already been done by the factory.I,m not sure about the 04 specs but the fuel tanks keep getting smaller on the newer bikes.Good Luck I LOVE my 03