HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Motorrider

Exhaust for '06 XR650L?

4 posts in this topic

Has anyone found a slip on that will fit the '06 models? I purchased a WB E2 series for '01 thru '05, but the bolts aren't matching up! I find it hard to believe that Honda changed the "L" this year when it has been unchanged for years. :applause:

Honda didn't change anything. How far off is it from stock? sometimes it may take loosening the entire system(header) to get the tail to fit . Or where it bolts to the rear turn sig. area you might have to do some tweaking. But I haven't heard of anyone not getting it to fit.

Has anyone found a slip on that will fit the '06 models? I purchased a WB E2 series for '01 thru '05, but the bolts aren't matching up! I find it hard to believe that Honda changed the "L" this year when it has been unchanged for years. :applause:

Are you able to verify the part number on the WB to see if maybe they sent you wrong one?

Thanks guys, but it seems the mounting bolts are not right. The upper one that goes through the turn signal mount is too big in diameter on the smooth part of the shaft. If you've seen one, you might know what I mean. I was actually able to get the pipe on the header and into place, but could not secure it. I just don't know if I should send it back and try again, or try to fabricate something.