HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
123jeffro23

Sell yz450f and buy wr450f?

20 posts in this topic

I have a yzf450 2004. 2 years old now. Runs excellent. However, i go to the track mostly and just started going to Baja. I really like Baja and the track a little less. Don't really go to the Dunes anymore. Want to start riding Baja more and know will go to the track once every 2 months.

Obviously the stock 450 needs additions to make it Baja worthy; fuel tank , skid plate , light, kickstand, steering dampener. .. the list goes on.

i weigh 200 pounds and feel the 450 is a little powerful for the track; my friend rides a 250 four stroke Suzuki at Lake Elsinore and does fine.

What should i do? Buy all the parts for my 450 and use it for track and Baja? or should i sell it and get a WR450 and use that for track and Baja? or just bite the bullet and have two bikes even though i ride only 1 every 2 months?

who makes the 525?

It's made by Tornado. You can buy them at any Pep Boys. Go check them out. They are so hot.

It's made by Tornado. You can buy them at any Pep Boys. Go check them out. They are so hot.

Motogoalie you should change your name to moto gay because i am going to drive that Tornado up your a@@.

Motogoalie you should change your name to moto gay because i am going to drive that Tornado up your a@@.

Boy, wait till Jeffro turns 10 and finds out he's really not a girl like his mommy keeps telling him.

Fix the YZ for Baja. The diff between the YZ&WR is not great enough to take the hit on selling and buying bikes.

be nice it is just some humor ...... :applause:

be nice it is just some humor ...... :applause:

yeah, MotoGaylie sounds queer.

I'm gonna stick with my original name, thanks. :bonk:

yeah, MotoGaylie sounds queer.

I'm gonna stick with my original name, thanks. :applause:

and a Tornado up the A$$ ain't a good thang! :bonk:

and a Tornado up the A$$ ain't a good thang! :bonk:

Yeah, just ask Oklahoma and Kansas trailer parks how that works. :applause:

My recommendation is to keep the YZ and buy an XR600.....you can get it for just about what the mods to your YZ would be, and it would be a bulletproof ride with zero issues. If you are looking to race or ride hard, then we are talking different animals. The XR would be a great ride for trail purposes and if you DID take a spill down there, no worries on broken radiators.....

I have a yzf450 2004. 2 years old now. Runs excellent. However, i go to the track mostly and just started going to Baja. I really like Baja and the track a little less. Don't really go to the Dunes anymore. Want to start riding Baja more and know will go to the track once every 2 months.

Obviously the stock 450 needs additions to make it Baja worthy; fuel tank , skid plate , light, kickstand, steering dampener. .. the list goes on.

i weigh 200 pounds and feel the 450 is a little powerful for the track; my friend rides a 250 four stroke Suzuki at Lake Elsinore and does fine.

What should i do? Buy all the parts for my 450 and use it for track and Baja? or should i sell it and get a WR450 and use that for track and Baja? or just bite the bullet and have two bikes even though i ride only 1 every 2 months?

Jeffro, buy this bike (see link) and sell everything else . . . at least that's what I'd do if I could afford it.;-)

http://www.servicehonda.com/06_500AFX.html

Fix the YZ for Baja. The diff between the YZ&WR is not great enough to take the hit on selling and buying bikes.

I think your right on there. gotta get lights, kickstand,gas tank, steering dampener , skid plate , change gearing, all should be less than selling the yz for $4k and buying WR for $7k.

My recommendation is to keep the YZ and buy an XR600.....you can get it for just about what the mods to your YZ would be, and it would be a bulletproof ride with zero issues. If you are looking to race or ride hard, then we are talking different animals. The XR would be a great ride for trail purposes and if you DID take a spill down there, no worries on broken radiators.....

Youre not kiddin. That bike is sick. The 2006 XR650. Wow. Got me thinking now.

Youre not kiddin. That bike is sick. The 2006 XR650. Wow. Got me thinking now.

The XR650R a lot heavier than your YZ, but I'll bet it's got some great 4-stroke power, along with all the stuff you're looking for (lights, kickstand, skidplate , tall gearing for fast straights, etc.) I've never ridden one but if you can handle the extra weight sounds like a good choice. For me it would come down to riding conditions: if I rode more open terrain most of time the 650R would be cool! (Probably be a handfull in tight stuff though.)