Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
123jeffro23

Expert advice only; What would you do? sell yzf450 or modify?

6 posts in this topic

I have a yzf450 2004. 2 years old now. Runs excellent. However, i go to the track mostly and just started going to Baja. I really like Baja and the track a little less. Don't really go to the Dunes anymore. Want to start riding Baja more and know will go to the track once every 2 months.

Obviously the stock 450 needs additions to make it Baja worthy; fuel tank , skid plate , light, kickstand, steering dampener. .. the list goes on.

i weigh 200 pounds and feel the 450 is a little powerful for the track; my friend rides a 250 four stroke Suzuki at Lake Elsinore and does fine.

What should i do? Buy all the parts for my 450 and use it for track and Baja? or should i sell it and get a WR450 and use that for track and Baja? or just bite the bullet and have two bikes even though i ride only 1 every 2 months?

:applause:

Well, I believe you would get tons of good advice for such an easy question, but "expert" is subjective. I wonder how many will claim that they are?

I have a yzf450 2004. 2 years old now. Runs excellent. However, i go to the track mostly and just started going to Baja. I really like Baja and the track a little less. Don't really go to the Dunes anymore. Want to start riding Baja more and know will go to the track once every 2 months.

Obviously the stock 450 needs additions to make it Baja worthy; fuel tank , skid plate , light, kickstand, steering dampener. .. the list goes on.

i weigh 200 pounds and feel the 450 is a little powerful for the track; my friend rides a 250 four stroke Suzuki at Lake Elsinore and does fine.

What should i do? Buy all the parts for my 450 and use it for track and Baja? or should i sell it and get a WR450 and use that for track and Baja? or just bite the bullet and have two bikes even though i ride only 1 every 2 months?

:bonk:

I am having Deja Vu..........

keep the 450 for tracks and buy a 525 for Baja! :applause:

I'm an expert.

DON'T DOUBLE POST !

Jeffro if you gonna be a retard then go buy a CRF and bitch about the valves.

Jebus. :applause:

I am having Deja Vu..........

keep the 450 for tracks and buy a 525 for Baja! :applause:

Ditto - That was my same thoughts. You may want to PM Indy_WR450 - He has both a WR450 and a 525. I would think the 525 would be an awesome machine for the desert/Baja.

My WR450 rips in Baja. I would not trade it. Everytime I look at the KTM I want one. Until I go ride mine. It is geared taller and has all the parts needed for Baja. Went a registered 96 last time out on the lake bed and I could still throw it around much easier then the others in my pack. Only bike out of 9 that did not get a bolt turned the entire 740 mile trip. That said the 525 is nice.