Zip-Ty Screw

Ok, I put my Zip-Ty in this weekend and when I back it out 1 1/2 turns it sure is loose. How you keep this thing in? I can tell right now that it will vibrate out the first time I go for a ride.

Send it back for a new one. It should be difficult to turn and feel stiff. Mine is very difficult to turn. The have had QC issues with thread cutting in the past with the ZipTy product. They should replace if for you but you will be out shipping and time. :applause:

Ok, I put my Zip-Ty in this weekend and when I back it out 1 1/2 turns it sure is loose. How you keep this thing in? I can tell right now that it will vibrate out the first time I go for a ride.

Make sure that the spring is around the shaft of the screw! The spring is there to provide constant tension in the threads so that the screw won't vibrate loose.... You kit should include: screw,spring,sm oring and a small washer. (if it's like all other screw kits I've seen).

My kit came with the screw and nothing els. But the instructions said to reuse the stock spring and washer. It works fine.

If a retailer sells a customer a screw that is defective, why should the customer have to pay to ship the defective item back to the retailer? The retailer should bear the cost. The customer bargained for a proper part and to have it shipped--not to pay for the retailer to try a few times to get it right!

Good luck on getting a replacement. I had the same problem with my 03 WR450. I sent numerous emails to them and did not get a reply back at all. Went back to the stock screw. This is a company I will not do business with anymore.

My kit came with the screw and nothing els. But the instructions said to reuse the stock spring and washer. It works fine.

:applause::bonk::cry::cry::cry:

Yup, same here, and the screw fit tight as Indy described.

If a retailer sells a customer a screw that is defective, why should the customer have to pay to ship the defective item back to the retailer? The retailer should bear the cost. The customer bargained for a proper part and to have it shipped--not to pay for the retailer to try a few times to get it right!

Only in a perfect world! :applause:

My screw is from MSR , but it looks just like a zip-ty. It fits pretty snug, but I have seen guys put a wire tie around the float bowl and screw to prevent it from turning back out.

I got my fuel screw from the guys at Pro Moto Billett and it seems to be a really good quality part. It's brass not aluminum like most of the others and fits really well. Theres no way it will ever vibrate loose.