HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
WRipper

Stock Springs?

3 posts in this topic

I've put 500 miles on my bike so far and LOVE it. (2001 Canadian WR 426 w/lid removed.) I was just wondering if you guys are running the stock springs? I weigh 220 pounds with all of my gear on. I have not cranked down the nut on the monoshock yet. Any advice would be apreciated.

I weigh the same and I run stock 46's in the front with 7.5 weight oil set at 95. I run 56's(50 is stock) in the rear.

Works great for the woods and the track!

Good Luck!

Mr T

I weigh pretty much the same as you do and I'm still using the stock springs, front and rear on my '99. I recently set the race and free sag on my bike--it made a BIG difference--but I'm just at the end of the adjustment range. Actually, I'm a little over. Race sag is at 108 mm and free sag is 12 mm. Recommended RS is 100 mm and FS is 15-35 mm. This tells me that I need to go up at least one spring rate increment, maybe two. BTW, when I got the spring working properly, (I look at the preload as the adjustment of how much work the spring performs) I adjusted my compression damping front and rear 2 clicks softer. I stiffened the rear rebound damping 2 clicks. These suspension adjustments have completely transformed the handling of my bike. It was very good before, now it's outstanding and I can ride a lot faster with much less fatigue.