HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Thumper33

What does steering stabilizer do?

6 posts in this topic

I read on another post that the steering stabilizer is a great mod for western states. I'm in Colorado, so what does it do? Is it just like a steering stabilizer on a 4x4 which just limits kickback from the ground?

------------------

2000 WR400F - Thumper Racing Exhaust Insert, Throttle stop shortened, Grey Wire Cut, Filter Cover Removed...

It helps to stiffen the steering on your bike. It is adjustable so that you can make your steering really light like stock or stiffen it up when riding through rough stuff like rock, roots, ruts, and so on. The advantage is that helps to prevent a sudden jolt or deflection off of a rock or something from yanking your handle bars out of your hands. From what I've heard it is even beneficial to easter woods riders. In the desert where the guys ride a lot faster it is a major asset. I got one and wouldn't want to be without it. Hope this helps, P

P.S. I have the Scotts which is adjustible on the fly while riding.

[This message has been edited by PMAUST (edited September 01, 2001).]

I've got a gpr and it works great, 1'000 miles in the woods with no trouble.

it's even easier to adujust on the fly!

------------------

2000 wr400f ims yz tank, sdg yz seat,gpr stablizer,pro taper bars,p38 ligthning acc pump cover ,acerdis hand guard , fmf power core 4 Q pipe

I agree with the other posts.

The GPR is less expensive ($350 vs $430) and appears to be as good or better than the Scotts unit.

Many racers here in the east use them to help when banging trees, and when in high speed ruts.

Greg