2006 Yamaha Bashing.

I'm going to bash on the 2006 YZ 450F, if you can't take the ridicule

LEAVE

DON'T READ

Go Ride and enjoy your RIDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I said LEAVE if you can't take it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BIO, 1999 YZ 400, 2000 YZ 250, 2002 YZ 250F, 2003 YZ 450........ I've changed more oil, filters, air filter than most people have rode a bike

ok, I bashed my 2005 CRF 450 for the idiotic things..........

and I'm going to bash on my 2006 YZ 450.......

I just finished changing the oil on my ride..........

&%$#@! was Yamaha thinking!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Did they hire a Honda Engineer to redesign all the bolts????? To change the oil, you have to use four different sized sockets and a FRIGGIN WRENCH???????????????????????? What the F, not even a socket will fit????

Then to drain the oil with out removing the skid plate, you must lean the bike over on the non side stand side........

42 towels and one hour later, (two 2006 250F & 450F bikes) the oil is changed..........

Air cleaner, typical Yami :applause:

a 12M wrench and only a Wrench :bonk: to remove one of the two drain plugs.

Drain the oil on 1999-2005 two drain bolts (same size) no mess.

OK I feel better now............she's all ready for my race tomorrow..

is it worth it????????????????????????????

YES

Best 450 on the market.............

But, the oil changing needs to be redesigned....same size bolts, oil drain bolt relocate, put under skid plate with a hole thru plate (no mess) just like previous years..............

Bro's this bike is just like a CRF for oil changing.... ? one difference, this bike ROCK'S o/ the CRF

Yeah, but that's a small price to pay in the grand scheme of things:

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a72/dandt/yzf020.jpg

Am I the only person in this world that totally hates seeing yellow number plates!?! They look ugly on any bike,period. (IMO of course.)

But hey, at least you got a newer and cleaner bike than me. Have fun with it!

well after seeing this thread i went outside to look at my new 450. it does look like a pain in the a$$ but if you have all your tools ready to go you can nail it down pretty fast. the one thing i noticed is that for the oilfilter cover that there is 3 allen key bolts :applause:( unlike my 04yz250f where there is 1 allen and 2 reg.) also one thing i read in the manual is that there is a oilfilter cover drain bolt,(something new?? :bonk: )..

well overall i think the oil changes will be pretty easy, you just have to have all the tools.

overall i think that the new 450 is a kick a$$ bike ????

Okay its not that bad to change the oil. I just changed mine today. My buddies with wr's comlain because they say the oil gets all over the front wheel when they pull the plug. I have a trick radiator pan thats hella wide so i dont have to worry about spilling from my two drain holes.

PS Cant believe 1.2 quarts is enough oil for that motor. :applause:

Okay its not that bad to change the oil. I just changed mine today. My buddies with wr's comlain because they say the oil gets all over the front wheel when they pull the plug. I have a trick radiator pan thats hella wide so i dont have to worry about spilling from my two drain holes.

PS Cant believe 1.2 quarts is enough oil for that motor. :bonk:

LOL, btw I've done the same thing about oil on my front tire, only it happened only ONE Time :applause:

come on tho................a FRIGGING 12 mm wrench ?

PS, 1.0 lit of oil w/ oil change ?

Well,I changed the oil for the 1st time last nite.I just didn't think it was that bad,OK so you have to use a -12 mm I believe 5mm hex and I took the glide plate off with I 8mm t-handle, Took the filter out but it looked good (no metal) so I'll use it one more ride!As said above small price to pay for a bike that does everything as good as this one does!Every time I have gotten a new bike in the past the 1st ride I didn't like it.Had to get it set up this way or that way.make it softer make it harder.This one I adj the front clicker 2 clicks and away I went!1st lap hit the biggest jump on the track!It does feel strange shifting a little more but I like it to say the least!!!!

good trick ill tell them. I just bought the redline funnel, pretty cool unit fits all my bikes. speaking of oil I am running motul non synthetic 20w50 in my bike. anyone think I am crazy? or ok ?

IMO, 20/50 might be fine for the Summer months, but for winter, you should lower the visocity to 5/30 or 10/40 depending on where you ride, reg temps. Check your manual and see what it recommends.